Stuck

Status
Not open for further replies.

aagh

I signed a divorce two plus years ago giving the home that was solely in my name to my ex with it being stated he would get loan in his name within appx six months. He did not get the loan done and has stopped making the payments. I was never allowed to go to the home to receive any of my childrens property or my own. Now the bank is fore closing coming after me while he lives in the house paying nothing and I am told I can't evict him. He is currently on bail for meth with intent to manufacture. What are my options. If bank forecloses and there is meth clean up cost can I really be liable for that too even tho I haven't lived there in three plus years. Please help I have been repeatedly told I can not do anything.

I signed a divorce two plus years ago giving the home that was solely in my name to my ex with it being stated he would get loan in his name within appx six months. He did not get the loan done and has stopped making the payments. I was never allowed to go to the home to receive any of my childrens property or my own. Now the bank is fore closing coming after me while he lives in the house paying nothing and I am told I can't evict him. He is currently on bail for meth with intent to manufacture. What are my options. If bank forecloses and there is meth clean up cost can I really be liable for that too even tho I haven't lived there in three plus years. Please help I have been repeatedly told I can not do anything.

Add me to the list, there's very little you can do.
However, as you don't live in the house, and effectively GAVE him said house (or he BEGUILED the house away from you), bankruptcy might save something.
No, it won't save the house, but it could lessen the negative impact to your credit score over the long haul.
I suggest you see a ankruptcy lawyer or three, hire one, and direct him or her to file BK, ASAP!

It'll forestall the foreclosure immediately, you can see if the BK lawyer can get the duvorce order enforced, but the liability will be wiped away upon the BK eventually going through.

Sometimes you might WANT seven things, but if you get TWO of the SEVEN, that can often be counted as a win.
A BK is one way to remove a massive part f this immense burden.

Discuss this tomorrow with a licensed, qualified BK attorney (or three) in your county.
Now, go "git 'er done!"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back