Stoage Law Help

floridaGuy22

Jurisdiction
Florida
I Have a Self-Storage facility in Florida. I had to fire my previous manager and have a problem with tenants. This man has three 10*5 climate controlled units and are only being charged for one 10*20 non-climate unit given to him by my previous manager. I am losing out on about 60 dollars and it makes the numbers in my system out of wack. I have offered the man to move his three units into the correct unit he is paying for for the last two months and has refused to do so and has also told me to hire someone to help him. That is not going to happen. My business is self-storage not moving. The problem is he has not signed a lease or contract with the old manager. I have asked him to come in and sign it and he also refused to do so. What can I do legally? I need help. Can I just simply not take his payments and give him 30 days to remove his items? I just want him out. I don't want to deal with him anymore.

I Have a Self-Storage facility in Florida. I had to fire my previous manager and have a problem with tenants. This man has three 10*5 climate controlled units and are only being charged for one 10*20 non-climate unit given to him by my previous manager. I am losing out on about 60 dollars and it makes the numbers in my system out of wack. I have offered the man to move his three units into the correct unit he is paying for for the last two months and has refused to do so and has also told me to hire someone to help him. That is not going to happen. My business is self-storage not moving. The problem is he has not signed a lease or contract with the old manager. I have asked him to come in and sign it and he also refused to do so. What can I do legally? I need help. Can I just simply not take his payments and give him 30 days to remove his items? I just want him out. I don't want to deal with him anymore.

You can issue him a proper bill for the months he didn't pay you.
Of course, he won't pay.

Or, you could simply take him to court and attempt to evict him.

Before I did anything, I'd speak to my lawyer about all of this.

You might have been set up to do something foolish which could end up costing you by the guy you terminated.

Whatever you do, don't leap before you know how deep the water is.

I suspect that even if you told him he could stay for 90 days for FREE, on the 91st day he won't leave.

The missing link is the guy you fired.

There's probably a lot you don't know.

The deadbeat might be a burglar, or drug dealer.

You don't know what, or who you're dealing with her.

Talk to your lawyer, pay for real legal advice from a licensed FL attorney.
God only knows just how badly you've been bamboozled by your former manager.

Back