Stipulations on Check

Status
Not open for further replies.

Contractor

Is it binding for an employer to list additional obligations on a paycheck for wages owed?

"By cashing this check the receipient agrees to relinquish their 1st born male heir"

:dgrin

Slavery has been outlawed in this country.

There was some kind of scuffle, as I recall.

Is it binding for an employer to list additional obligations on a paycheck for wages owed?

"By cashing this check the receipient agrees to relinquish their 1st born male heir"

:dgrin

I am assuming that this is a joke.

Since we have no clue what they have included as a stipulation, we can't tell you if it's binding or not.

We can't answer questions in a vaccum.

Since we have no clue what they have included as a stipulation, we can't tell you if it's binding or not.

We can't answer questions in a vaccum.

Nature abhors a vacuum...but I hate vacuums worse than nature! :yes:

The Note they are putting on the paycheck is

" by cashing check receipient agrees he is paid in full no other amts owed"

The employer also owes ~$1000 in business expenses that they want me to eat.

It is extortion make the endorsement of a paycheck include the acceptance of unrelated obligation

It looks like the employer is trying (in a very summarized way) have you sign a release and settlement agreement. If you agree with it (by cashing the check) you are accepting their terms; however you seem to be indicating that you are in disagreement. Go back to your employer and have them draw up the real thing (a standard agreement) with terms that you all can agree upon so you don't get stuck with charges that you don't want to be responsible for. Hope this helps!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back