Still under the same roof

Status
Not open for further replies.

pisceancutie46

Me and my husband have been emotionally and physically separated for over 7 years, (he moved out of our bedroom into a spare room on 3rd floor of house). We decided to try to put up with the situation for our kids sake (yeah, I know). So far everything is peaceful and he has never made any attempt to move back into our bedroom. I truly believe he is gay.

We split the mortgage payment and he pays electric/heating bill, kids hair care and their cell phones. He does take care of the animals (food, vet), but no food. He used to take them cloths shopping a couple of times a year.He does not eat at home. Now the kids are 16 & 17 and both have jobs, he doesn't give them lunch money anymore and does not go shopping with them or anyplace else. He pretty much breezed through to shower, sXXX and shave. He will cut the lawn. WE usually don't talk unless there is an issue with the kids or house.

Anyway, there has been several times that he has not come up with his share of the mortgage( we are in the process of re-structuring the mortgage for the 2nd time) or has not paid the electric bill (thank goodness no shut-off has occured) I only bring home $880 every two weeks and he brings home about $1900. He has a new toyota tundra truck and I drive a 1995 chevy lumina.

Anyway, Should I file for legal separation to make sure he keeps paying his portion of the bills? I have no health insurance....we are covered by his company. I don't want ot lose the house. The kids are going to college, but will probably live at home. If he leaves, I cannot afford to pay the entire mortgage and heating/elect. bill all by myself.

I know I need to do something, but I am not sure where to start. I think we both know that when the kids were gone we were going to make it official. Would I be able to get enough from him to keep the house or would we have to sell? The house has leins on it from some old bills, so I am not sure how that would work. I could go on, but you get the general idea.

What state?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back