Still so much in Love with Her

Status
Not open for further replies.

gomick

My wife told me to leave on dec. 26, 2009 which I did. I thought she just wanted a broke. The reason she told me to leave, is that I've been unemployed for some time, and I have a battle with depression, and have run my cc to the limit. She has changed to locks on the door. (I've been living there for 30 years, but the home is in her name, and she has been supporting the home, by paying maintance, grocerys, clothing, forever! I believe she will be filing for divorce soon, if she hasn't already. My question is I'm I entittled to alimony, and half the house!

You probably are entitled to some alimony yes. Your wife probably does not have the legal right to lock you out of the house. You need to grow a backbone to her and see an attorney. If she has been the primary breadwinner the you might get some alimony. NY is not a community property state, so you may not be entitled to much of the house but you really need to talk to an attorney. I recommend though you try to find some employment because even if you are awarded some $$, it may be a while before you see it.

How long have you actually been married?

Has there always been a significant difference between yours and her earnings?

Have you both worked throughout the marriage?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back