Parole, Probation Step daughters boyfriend intending to flee out of state with her car

Status
Not open for further replies.

Underscorer

I don't have specifics, but my step daughters boyfriend was paroled this year and has elected to try and flee state with her car. She has not reported car stolen and somehow believes he will successfully avoid apprehension.

I am concerned about my step daughter. I don't want his problems to cause her to go to jail. Once he is caught will they arrest her for aiding his flight? Either way can you suggest anything that might compel her to reconsider and report car stolen, or take other steps.

Thanks

I don't have specifics, but my step daughters boyfriend was paroled this year and has elected to try and flee state with her car. She has not reported car stolen and somehow believes he will successfully avoid apprehension.

I am concerned about my step daughter. I don't want his problems to cause her to go to jail. Once he is caught will they arrest her for aiding his flight? Either way can you suggest anything that might compel her to reconsider and report car stolen, or take other steps.

Thanks

It's her car, right?

If so, only she can report the car as stolen.

I suppose she has an accommodation with him regarding use of the car.

Until she's weary of the arrangement, there's no crime being committed.

She doesn't appear responsible for his absconding, so I'd simply sit back, watch, wait, monitor things.

I don't know how it is in MA, but out here - and, I suspect in most other states - she can be charged with aiding him as a fugitive. She is putting her own freedom at risk by knowingly assisting him in absconding. But, if she loves him enough to risk jail or on his behalf, that's her call.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back