Statutory rape age of 13-15

manda89

My brother is being.charged with statutory rape of girl age 13-15 he has never been in trouble before he is 22 she was 14. (he was also a virgin when this happened) I know my brothers mind is younger than his age though. What kinda evidence do they need to convict him? I have found out he can be tested by a psychologist for his minds maturity and social level will any of this help and what are the NC codes for this? Thank you!

My brother is being.charged with statutory rape of girl age 13-15 he has never been in trouble before he is 22 she was 14. (he was also a virgin when this happened) I know my brothers mind is younger than his age though. What kinda evidence do they need to convict him? I have found out he can be tested by a psychologist for his minds maturity and social level will any of this help and what are the NC codes for this? Thank you!

Rape, any kind of rape, is a very serious crime.
We also must be aware of the trauma rape causes the victim.
So, let's hope a trial will bring out the truth.

The state has many options available to it to determine if your brother is a rapist.
I suggest you simply be as supportive as you can to your brother, IF you believe his story.

About the only evidence they need are the birth certificates of both parties. A 22 year old who gets involved with a 14 year old deserves what he gets. There is no good reason for an adult to be interested sexually in a child.

Now you seem to be implying that your brother is mentally impaired. Typically the person charged would need to prove that the impairment is so great that he was incapable to knowing or distinguishing that what he did was wrong. This is a fairly high bar and frankly, if the first time he sees a psychologist to assess this mental impair is post-arrest, do not expect it to fly as a defense. This assumes some sort of organic mental impairment, not just that bro is immature and socially inept.

Back