Other Immigration Law Statue Of Limitations?!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

selo23

My husband I have been married since Nov 29,1999.
We have 2 beautiful little girls together and we love each other more with every passing day!!
My problem is ....
After we married I tried to help my husband get his permanent residence. He had everything done even up to the interview.
We received a letter in the mail about 1 month after his interview saying that his permanent residence was denied because in April of 1998 he tried to enter the U.S by falsly identifying himself as a U. S citizen. Which he did admit at the interview.
My question is now that it approaching 7 years that this happened... does his case qualify for Statue Of Limitations?
Any help would be more than appreciated!!
Thank you :confused: and :(

No, there is no statute of limitations for that. If you falsely claim to be a citizen you cannot become a legal resident. And even if you are you would be deportable as soon as it comes out.

I wonder, under what status is he in the country now?

He is not. The immigration told us he had to go back to his home country and work to get his visa. After that he can re-start his paperwork. Does this sound right to you? I hope so. We travel back and forth to see him. And believe me this is no way for a loving family to live. It is hard on us all. I have tried everything possible to get some answers. And then I found this site. Thanks for your time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back