Statue of limitations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skyla

I need to know if there are any statue of limitations on Child molestation in Texas.There is a guy getting out of jail soon and I want to make it to were he goes down for what he did to me and make sure he can't come near me or hurt me ever again, The problem is its been a long time so I need to find out if there are any statue of limitations for pressing child molestation charges on someone. :(

Same situation-possibly a little guidance

I want you to know i am sorry for what has happened to you. I have been there and am currently in similar situation in Michigan. Michigan law is 7 years statute to limitations on child molestation unless you have just recently remembered. I had prolonged memory block on what happened to me and unfortunatly after i worked through all my issues it was past the 1 year limitations on memory gain. Hopefully this will help but if it doesnt i am sorry. It could also be different regulations in your state.

There are, and actually there are more than one. It depends on the exact charge being brought.

Indecency with a child, a felony, has a statutory limit of 10 years after the child's 18th birthday.

Sexual assault or injury to a child in most cases have a 10 year limitation from the time the crime was committed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back