statue of limitations

Status
Not open for further replies.

high5

I was involved in a work related accident that caused injuries to the head about 6 years ago.I was out for 3 months and returned to work.Periodicly my memory lapses and suffer depression off and on as well.It appears to be affecting my work as I was terminated from my job for mixing up some number sequences for the third time.Can this be a case for permanent disability or not. I never seeked advice from a lawyer in the past , probably a mistake but I only want to protect my family and am afraid it could happen again at another job.I was employed for 8 years with this company with top pay and benefits for my field. Thanks in advanced. P.S. I know there is not a clear cut answer just seeking some input.

this is pretty much impossible to answer without knowing all the facts. It depends very much on the medical facts. You would need to have medical experts clearly stating that the problems you have result from that accident and that they very probably will continue in the future.

Then you would have to see who might have been at fault for the accident. Only if there is some fault you might be able to sue the former employer. Then you have to check the statute of limitations in that state.

Disability is another question, that depends on the medical guys saying that you are not able to work. So far it seems you are able, so you are not disabled.

Your first steps should be to sit down with your physicians and talk that through. Then you go to a lawyer and have him evaluate that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back