Statue of Limitations? Wanting to prove that he is the father.

Status
Not open for further replies.

zmichelle557

Okay so, my friend is 26 years old and is wanting to have a DNA test with her biological father. When her mother was pregnant she told him around 6 weeks along. He said that's great.. they had a good weekend together and then he left and was never heard from again. The mother at that point decided that the father did not want to have anything to do with them and left it at that. So 26 years later the daughter is now wanting to know more about her family history and meet her siblings. She has contacted the father but he is denying that he is hers claiming the mother doesn't really know. He refuses to take a DNA test. Is there an age once in adulthood in Oklahoma that you can not file a paternity suit for DNA testing? She obviously can't get any thing from the man other than knowing that he is the father. He also lives in another state, MO. Any assistance would be great. Thank you in advance.

Proserpina, if the "possible" siblings are interested in knowing whether she is their half sister & would like a relationship, could they take a DNA test? (That is if she knows where they live or can find them.)

Proserpina, if the "possible" siblings are interested in knowing whether she is their half sister & would like a relationship, could they take a DNA test? (That is if she knows where they live or can find them.)

Oh, absolutely! There's nothing stopping them from doing the sibling DNA tests. These tests are not nearly as "absolutely conclusive" as a paternal DNA test, but they can at least indicate a possible common denominator, for want of a better phrase (and I phrased that badly! :blush ).

There's information here which goes into it in a lot more detail.

It's important to remember though that the court will not order a sibling DNA test.

:)

Ok, thanks. I did know the court wouldn't order a DNA testing but I just thought if they were as interested in knowing her as she is them, they might take a test.

You're welcome, as always!

Yes, sibling DNA tests are available and may well help in the "getting to know you" aspect.

Oh no, now I have that song going through my head (Getting to Know You).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back