SSDI and child support

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmalsadjo

Banned
I receive 742 per month SSDI.. I live in texas. my ex and our 2 children live in Arkansas. We've been apart for 4 years, but she only recently applied for child support. How much of my monthly check can she have garnished? And does this mean i'm now 4 years in arrears?

If you're actually receiving SSDI (and not SSI), then generally your children are entitled to dependent benefits, and you would ask that these are in lieu of child support.

No, it doesn't mean you're going to be 4 years in the hole.

The other child - if that child is not yours - doesn't enter into the equation at all.

If you're actually receiving SSDI (and not SSI), then generally your children are entitled to dependent benefits, and you would ask that these are in lieu of child support.

No, it doesn't mean you're going to be 4 years in the hole.

The other child - if that child is not yours - doesn't enter into the equation at all.

the 3rd child is mine from a second mother... and their dependent benefits are only 20 dollars a month.. and turns out i was mistaken... she filed 5 years ago when we first separated while she was applying for medicaid.. apparently its the law.. does that change anything?

Last edited:
Educate myself? dumbass... my question was how much.. thanks anyway.. if ya don't know... just say "i don't know". or better yet , let someone that DOES know answer.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back