Spousal Support

Status
Not open for further replies.

djlarouche

I need help... I really can't a afford a lawyer, so I was hoping to get some information here. I have been married for 16 yrs. We have 2 children (8-10). I am not at the beginning stage of a separation due to infidelity. My husband has a conciderable higher income than me. My question is, how can I calculate the amount of "Spousal Support" that I am entitled to and for what duration? From my calculations, I forsee that I will need his assistance to survive with Child Support and Spousal Support for many years (8-9+ yrs). Is this possible or am I in really big trouble......?

Any information on this would be really appreciated.

Thank you,

Sorry but you really need an attorney. If your husband is the main bread winner it is possible you can petition the courts for him to pay your attorneys fees. If you can be civil then it is possible you both can see the same attorney but remember this attorney will be working for both of you. If you own a house you can pay the attorney with the equity.

If you are not working, it is highly recommended to enter the workforce.

You are entititled to some alimony but each of your incomes, debts and assets needs to be factored into the equation. Generally you can get one year of alimony for every 2 or 3 years married.

I agree; get a lawyer and make him pay for it.

You really do need to get a lawyer. Use a credit card if you have to, Do you own a home? If so get an equity line of credit if you don't have that already & use that. In the end he will have to pay at least something since it will now be a joint bill.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back