Spot sale

bwill71

Jurisdiction
Texas
This past Saturday, my girlfriend and I agreed to purchase a vehicle through a dealer, the finance crunched numbers for us and we agreed to the terms. They said that we were approved for the loan and that we could buy the car. So we signed the contract stating we would pay the bank on the date that was put on the document with our APR and monthly payment plus our itemization lists. Unfortunately in the town I live in, people have been over reacting to a gas shortage that was proven false. So we could not drive off with the vehicle, today we went to the dealer to pick up the car and the dealer said that the bank they had sent the request to had denied us. They said that when they feel that they can get approval, that they spot customers, but we were unable to get approved, is there anything I can do in the legal system to file a suit against the dealer? I really just want to get the car at the rate we agreed on, but they stated that they would try a few other banks, but the terms would change, but I already have a contract stating what we agreed on. Thanks to any help you can give!

is there anything I can do in the legal system to file a suit against the dealer?

Read your contract thoroughly, and you'll find the section that speaks to "contingent on financing".

You have no recourse because you were unable to be approved for financing by THAT dealer.

You can speak to other dealers, especially dealers that claim to get anyone financed.

Be thankful that you dodged that bullet.

Boyfriends and girlfriends should NEVER co-own or co-borrow anything.

When you break up you'll find out why and you'll be back to a site like this whining "What are my rights?"

And, guess what, you won't have any.

Back