1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

Dismiss Notice

Speeding ticket reduce from 4 points to 2...should I go to court?

Discussion in 'Speeding Tickets, Traffic & Moving Violations' started by johnny m, Jul 17, 2019.

1. army judge

army judge Super Moderator

Texas is called a state by the uninformed.

Texans refer to our piece of heaven here on Earth as The Republic of Texas.

By our logic, Texas Rangers' authority is over a republic, not a state.

That isn't my reason for mentioning them, however.

I know many of them, and admire their 19th century values in our 21st century world.

2. PayrollHRGuy

PayrollHRGuy Well-Known Member

OK, I know a few of them myself. I just couldn't understand why they would be included when you were talking about LEOs with multistate jurisdiction. :cool:

3. cbg

cbg Super Moderator

For some reason this reminded me of a couple of guys I used to know; we'll call them Rick and Rob. Rick was originally from Texas but now lived in Alaska; Rob was a Texas all the way. And Rick could drive Rob into a frenzy of aggravation by pointing out that if Alaska was cut in two, Texas would be the third largest state.

PayrollHRGuy likes this.
  4. johnny m

johnny m Law Topic Starter New Member

This is great news :) I'm by no means a regular speeder so I don't think the points will be an issue if a 110a violation has minimal insurance impact.

I'm definitely going to look into an online DDC. Thank you again for all the insights!

5. Highwayman

Highwayman Well-Known Member

You may be able to get a discount through your insurance company. I have Geico and the online course from the National Safety Council through Geico was only $19.