Speeding ticket in Georgia for Class D?(30 miles over the speed limit)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bardiaesm

OK so yesterday I turned 17 and unfortunately got a speeding ticket on my birthday for going 65 on a 35 mph zone.
The police who pulled me over told me this ticket will give me 4 points and 4 points means suspension for class D license in georgia.
my court is in about a month from now and I was wondering if there is anything i can do to stop the court from giving me 4 points and suspending my license.
This was my first speeding ticket.
What should I do?
What do you think is going to happen?
Should I say Im guilty or not guilty?
Should I hire a lawyer?
I really need my licensee since my school is far a way and I have to drive there (about 40 mins everyday)
I also take SAT classes on weekends, so I really need my licensee.
Please help me and tell me what to do?
My offense code is: §40-6-181

You would benefit from an attorney's help with this. You don't want to go it alone and lose your license. Get mom and dad on board and hire some help. However, mom and dad might be angry enough that they take your vehicle away anyway. I know I would.

For that you likely won't qualify for traffic school. You will need help to get the offense and fine reduced. Your insurance cost is about to skyrocket regardless.

Agree, would talk to a traffic law attorney & see what she/he might be able to do for you. Talk to your parents.

OK so yesterday I turned 17 and unfortunately got a speeding ticket on my birthday for going 65 on a 35 mph zone.
The police who pulled me over told me this ticket will give me 4 points and 4 points means suspension for class D license in georgia.
my court is in about a month from now and I was wondering if there is anything i can do to stop the court from giving me 4 points and suspending my license.
This was my first speeding ticket.
What should I do?
What do you think is going to happen?
Should I say Im guilty or not guilty?
Should I hire a lawyer?
I really need my licensee since my school is far a way and I have to drive there (about 40 mins everyday)
I also take SAT classes on weekends, so I really need my licensee.
Please help me and tell me what to do?
My offense code is: §40-6-181

There is no way out, as administrative action is directed by state law.

That said, it could be worth your while (albeit will be costly) to consult with your parents and request they get you a lawyer to help lessen the pain.

Under 21 Years of Age Suspension

The driver's license of any person under 21 years of age convicted of any of the following offenses shall be SUSPENDED:

Hit and run or leaving the scene of an accident in violation.
Racing on highways or streets.
Using a motor vehicle in fleeing or attempting to elude an officer.
Reckless driving.
Any offense for which four or more points are assessable.
Unlawful passing of a school bus.
Improper passing on a hill or curve.
Exceeding the speed limit by 24 miles per hour or more.
Aggressive Driving.
Purchasing an alcoholic beverage.
Driving under the Influence.
Misrepresenting age for purpose of illegally obtaining any alcoholic beverage.
Misrepresenting identity or using false identification for purpose of purchasing or obtaining any alcoholic beverage.
The driver's license of any person under 18 years of age who has accumulated a violation point count of four or more points within any 12 month period.

http://www.dds.ga.gov/teens/index.aspx

http://www.dds.ga.gov/teens/dldata.aspx?con=1748259861&ty=ten

http://www.dds.ga.gov/drivers/dldata.aspx?con=1744060376&ty=dl

Thank you for your answers, My parents know about everything, I told them as soon as the police pulled me over.
They didn't get mad since it was my birthday.
So basically what you guys are saying is that my license is going to be suspend ((if so for how long?)) and there is no way that I can stop that?

What we basically said is that you need an attorney's help to avoid losing your license. You may be able to get the offense reduced to something less that allows you to keep it. Your chances of keeping your license without legal assistance are low. Even if you do manage to keep your license your insurance cost will likely explode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back