speed citation

Status
Not open for further replies.

sampearce

i was recently stopped and given a speed citation. i was traveling home from work and noticeds that i was going faster than the speed limit. i let off the accelerator at the same time a state trooper popped over a hill in from of me. immediatly the lights came on. the ticket is for 65 in a 55. should i take a day off work and go to court, or just pay the ticket and 2 points?

Take the day off and go to court and try to get supervision or traffic school. Those points increase your insurance for about 3 years.

i have no vacation or personal days to take off work to appear in court. my lawyer wants to charge me $500.00 to go to court for me and plea no contest, no points.

i called my insurance agent today and he says that all state does not check the driving records of it current drivers. he claims that my insurance premiums will not go up.

so im torn, do i admit guilt and pay $125.00 ticket, or do i risk $500.00 plus the ticket and trust my lawyer is good enough not to get the points put on my driving record?

Your insurance most likely WILL be effected, but not until the next policy renewal after the conviction date.

If you don't have any vacation days then you need to either be sick that day or simply inform your employer that you have to appear in court. Without any vacation time saved up you won't get paid for the day you miss, but you certainly wouldn't be losing your job over it.

As said above, if you otherwise have a clear record you should be able to appear in court and request traffic school.... However, you may be able to opt for traffic school without actually going to court. Contact the court and find out your options. You should be able to pay the amount of the fine plus an additional cost for traffic school- one traffic school is completed the court will process the paperwork and the citation will stay off your driving record.

Speaking from my last speeding in another state, it took a year and a half to catch up to me and they raised my rates slightly. Allstate is one on the worst major insurance companies. If past tickets haven't caught up, hold your breath and be greatful, but don't be surprized if your bill increases sooner or later. But if you where only going 10 over the speed limit, the 2 points doesn't sound right, usually thats only a 1 point

Traffic school or defensive driving courses will make the ticket vanish. Someone mentioned it above, you ignored it! Don't, it's worth the effort and it's easier than doing anything else!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your insurance most likely WILL be effected, but not until the next policy renewal after the conviction date.

There's a little tip on this too. When you get a quote for car insurance, that quote is usually good for 30 days by law. So, what you can do is the day before you go to take care of the ticket, get a quote for a new policy, even from another company. Remember that up to that point, you have not yet been convicted of this ticket. Once you have the quote, they have to honor it. And if your existing insurance carrier decides to raise your rates, let them know you got a quote from another company. They may be willing to forgive the new rates for the renewal term. If not, go with the other company.

i called down to the courthouse to inquire if driving school or anything could get my ticket erased, and the clerk told me that nothing like that is available in trumbull county. is it my county, age (im 25) or is that a decision the judge would make?

i called down to the courthouse to inquire if driving school or anything could get my ticket erased, and the clerk told me that nothing like that is available in trumbull county. is it my county, age (im 25) or is that a decision the judge would make?

Call back and talk to someone else...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back