South African law

Status
Not open for further replies.

leilanie

I am South African , married to a German and will soon join him in Germany. I have 2kids from different fathers. Both pay childsupport but are not registered as the childrens'fathers. What are my rights or theirs if I want to take the kids with me. They are 4 and 2years old. The 4yr old's father is involved in his sons'life but my daughters'father is not interested in seeing her although he pays maintenance. My mother recently discovered drugs ( not mine) in the house and now threatens to tell the fathers to make them refuse to give permission to take the kids out of the country. I do not do drugs and I am scared of losing my kids because of something I did not do. Neither fathers are in a position to take care of the children. I currently earn a good salary and when I immigrate to Germany, I will be able to stay at home to be a full-time mother. My husband loves the children and will take good care of us. He also agreed to send my son back to SA every year to see his father. If my mother does use the drug incident against me, how will I be able to prove that it is not mine and what are the consequences of having such a lenghty court case while applying for a reunification visa to Germany?

I doubt there are any SA attorneys on this board. Nobody can tell you what the laws are in SA. If the drugs though were in your house, in the US it does not matter if they were yours or not. Nobody ever confesses up to that anyways, it is always belongs to someone else.

You would to see an attorney in SA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back