Someone Please Help

Angel27

Jurisdiction
Florida
My daughters father got killed in June of 2015 i was 3 months pregnant she wasnt born until November 2015 however he doesnt have anymore children my daughter would be his first child im trying to get her survivors benifits from social security but his mother which is the next of kin doesnt want to give me a statement for the corners office to release his DNA to establish a paternity and his father is incarcerated how or whom do i go about getting a court ordered paternity test or what do i do from here ? Please Help

My daughters father got killed in June of 2015 i was 3 months pregnant she wasnt born until November 2015 however he doesnt have anymore children my daughter would be his first child im trying to get her survivors benifits from social security but his mother which is the next of kin doesnt want to give me a statement for the corners office to release his DNA to establish a paternity and his father is incarcerated how or whom do i go about getting a court ordered paternity test or what do i do from here ? Please Help

There's no legal way available for you to command the family of your deceased friend to release his DNA, or have one of them give a DNA sample to prove he fathered your child.

However, you can appeal to their better nature by writing his mother, father, and siblings a letter explaining your dilemma. Don't make it about social security, appeal to their generosity in that you want your child to know that their beloved son or brother is your child's father.

Sometimes it all boils down to love and kindness.

I'm sorry for your loss, and I pray for you as you grieve. God bless.

Back