Someone making threats, what does the company have to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bpadair

Hello,

I have a question regarding a situation that occured today where my wife works. There was a person in her training class that was causing alot of problems and was talked to yesterday about this. Today, he was making numerous threats, including threatening to blow the place up and stating that he was going to get even with the trainer. He continued to act suspiciously throughout the day. All of the employees in the room with him, including my wife, were understandably nervous and upset. They were told that hr was looking into how to proceed. My question is, doesn't the company have a responsibility to the employees to do something about this person who is threatening them and making it an uncomfortable place to work? Shouldn't they have at least removed the person from the room until the situation could be looked into, instead of making all of the other employees suffer through this stress all day?

Thank you for your replies!

Q: My question is, doesn't the company have a responsibility to the employees to do something about this person who is threatening them and making it an uncomfortable place to work? Shouldn't they have at least removed the person from the room until the situation could be looked into, instead of making all of the other employees suffer through this stress all day?

A: Yes and yes.

Thank you for your reply. Is there anything that my wife can do tomorrow to get out of this situation if the gentleman is back? She is afraid that if she just leaves she might lose her job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back