Drug Crimes, Substance Abuse someone help me. I dont want to go to jail

Status
Not open for further replies.

codywalker

I'm 19 years old and have never been convicted of a crime. Here's the deal. In the past four months I've been pulled 3 times and have been charged with 3 ubderrage drinking charges which is a petty crime in NC, 2 simple possessions, an open container and paraohanelia. I have a lawyer who yells me I'm not going to jail due to me being a first time offender. I have a full time job and am signed up for classes at a college. From what I understand I will be put on probation and have to take a bunch of classes. These all have been put on the same court date. Someone give me some advice. I'm not a bad person just have had a rough time and made some mistakes. Please Dont be hateful. I'm extremely anxious and nervous. I'm scared and am losing sleep over this. Someone help me.

probation or jail?

I'm 19 years old and have never been convicted of a crime. Here's the deal. In the past four months I've been pulled 3 times and have been charged with 3 ubderrage drinking charges which is a petty crime in NC, 2 simple possessions, an open container and paraohanelia. I have a lawyer who yells me I'm not going to jail due to me being a first time offender. I have a full time job and am signed up for classes at a college. From what I understand I will be put on probation and have to take a bunch of classes. These all have been put on the same court date. Someone give me some advice. I'm not a bad person just have had a rough time and made some mistakes. Please Dont be hateful. I'm extremely anxious and nervous. I'm scared and am losing sleep over this. Someone help me.

What is the question? You've told us a sad story but you haven't asked a question.

I apologize for the confusion. I'm a little panicked here. I would like your opinion on what my plea will be. What fines I'm looking at or jail time etc. I understand that I must refrain from the use of drugs and alcohol from this point forward. Just need a little advice please.

You can start rehabilitating yourself TODAY.

Take a look at this site:

http://www.aa.org/

Read the information they provide on that site.
Many, many people have been where you find yourself today.
No worries, as you say you are ready to FIX YOURSELF, so search that site and find an AA Group neat you.
Then you go to their next meeting.
They will welcome you warmly.
That's all you need to do, find them, join them.
Don't worry, it'll cost you nothing but time, and will give you the dividend of getting YOU back.
It'll also show the judge you're serious about FIXING YOU!!!!

You should share this site with your family members. They will want to know how they can help you and begin to understand why you are where you are.

http://www.al-anon.alateen.org/

Your lawyer will work the legal stuff, that's easy.
If you STOP, get help, and begin rehabilitating YOU; you'll pay some fines and costs (you will be allowed to pay it monthly or weekly), lose your license, get a couple hundred hours of community service, be ordered NOT to drink alcohol or use illegal drugs, take several classes, do 15-20 odd months of probation, lose your license, and be patient.
No way any of us will know your EXACT penalties, but you won't get jail time; THIS TIME, if you STOP and get help!
The heavy lifting is yours, and yours alone.
You're going to rebuild a better, smarter, sober YOU.
Good luck...

Last edited:
Since you have an attorney, why are you not asking him/her/it your questions? The attorney is more familiar with the court system there than any stranger on the Intrawebs..

Agree that your best bet is to work with your lawyer - your lawyer should be able to answer all your questions & go over your options with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back