some one please help me!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mom_indistress3

i am such a bind. When this incident occured, we were not married yet. We were married about a month after this. He tricked me in to signing over my rights for my three year old daughter. I signed these papers he brought home that he begged me to do, saying it was for the milatary so he woudnt have to go to Iraq. I thought everything was ok: the papers stated that we all lived together and that he was the sole provider. I thought I was helping to prevent him from deploying but in actuality I signed over custody of my daughter to him. Then the papers stated I dont have to pay child support at this time. That was in late 2005.

We married in January of 2006. He states that in July of 2006 he filed for an annulment in Oklahoma. I knew nothing of the annulment papers, was never notified or contacted regarding them. We went ot marriage counseling in August of that year. I contacted the courthouse where the annulment papers were filed and it says that it was finalized in Julyof 2006 i didnt find out until December of 2006 that he did this i was still getting benifts from the military i went to get help from them again because he was being abusive again thats when i found out about the annulment he said we were divorced he kicked me out of the house and i had no were to go me and my oldest daughter had to stay with friends until i got my own place again I got my own place again in 2mo.time then he tried to sart over and i got pregant with now my 3mo old imoved to Ga to get away from all themess i now have been staying with mother to get on my feet.

I was also at this time listed as his wife on all military documents and as such had been receiving medical and everything from the military.

Fast forward to present, we know have a 3 month old daughter as well. He just got back from being stationed in Korea and he had bought airline tickets for a trip to his mothers in Oklahoma. There was no ticket for me, just him and our two girls. I refused to let my children fly with him by his self without me so he had to buy me a ticket and I went too. We were there for a little over a week and I thought everything was fine. When I flew with my youngest daughter to Dallas to make our connection on the way home, I found out he was not bringing our older daughter home with him. I pleaded for him to just bring her home, he flat out refused. His excuse was that he was deploying and she would be better off staying with his mom. Until he retuned in six months i cant be with out any of my children what can i do what rights as a mother do i have. All i do is work i dont do drugs i dont leave my children with anybody unless i am working!

I have a daughter from a previous relationship and the two with him. I have been working full time and supporting all three of my kids while he was out of the country. I have documentation that she has been in my custody and attending school and that I provide all care. All three of my children have been living with me the entire time until this visit to his family and he basically stole my daughter. His family and he say I should be grateful that they are taking my middle child away to care for her "to relieve my stress and workload".

I think my main questions and concerns are these : what do I do? Because he used trickery and deceit to get my signature on the papers for custody, what can I do to get my child back? Would I be able to go get her and not be charged with kidnapping? Secondly, I didn't sign any paperwork regarding an annulment, I know they are hard to get, must have extenuating circumstances in order to even recieve one. How do I find out if my marriage is actually legally annulled and under what circumstances?

I think he has defrauded multiple government agencies but no one will listen to me.

I would be grateful for any input that you might be able to provide.

Last edited:
You need an attorney now. Was this paperwork you signed actually signed off by a judge? If it wasn't then its really not legally binding.

Start calling around to attorneys to see if one can help you.

yes but i never went into a court room or anything he had me sign the papers at home and then he took me to his bank and i signed them in front of a notary i never had a lawyer at any time i thought when we got married that those papers went away because we were married! then he went and got an anulment behind my back i dont what to do i have contacted a lawyer friday he wants 7,500 for the retainer just to look at the paper work then he said that since he is going back over seas that he could hold up the preseadings due to the milatary law that when a soldier is overseas he does not have to litagate until he returns i live in GA all this was done in Oklahoma i talked to another lawyer on the phone and she said i had to get a lawyer in Oklahoma because all the paper work was done there he leaves in three days i dont know what to do i just want my daughter back with her sisters and her mommy. She thinks she is comming home but they are keeping her i want to go and get her but i dont want to go to jail for kidnaping my own daughter i got to other childen as well like i say i dont know what to do I have all the documtaion that she has been under my care for 7mo in Ga she has lived with me since she has been born the on time we have apart is for 2mo when he kicked me out the house with my 8yr old then we got back together and i got pregant shortly after that i havent ate showered slept since all of this i cant function at work this is so hard i know i have to suck it up for the other to but im so torn my heart is broke in many ways my 8yr old asked me yesterday mommy would you die for any of your kids if you had to i said yes but that hurt me for her to say that to me iagain i dont know what to do??????:[

and yes there is a judge signature on both documents which i never went to court for any of this b/s and all of it is public record like i would do this crap i admit i was stupid the first time but didnt relize what i was doing the unulment i know nothing about how can he get away with all of this i contacted the miltary they wont help me at all i dont think no one will im done for im stuck and i hate this!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know much about what the law allows but one thing I might try is to call the local police in the town where your daughter is being held and explain all of the details to them. I would also wait until he has left the country because then you will be the only parent available to care for the child. The local police can at least tell you if they will arrest you for taking your daughter home since they will be the ones dealing with you if you go there. They may even go to the grandparents home with you and make the grandparents give you the child. Like I said wait until he leaves the counry because if he is there then the police will likely not even become involved in the custody dispute they will refer you to family court. Also you can file for temporary custody in the town where you live because most states will hear the case where it was filed so this means that he will have to come to your area. The court may be able to grant you temporary custody based on the fact that he is being deployed or has already left the counry. Attorney fees can be expensive so I would focus on the custody for now not the marriage. It may not be such a large retainer if it's just the custody hearing.

thank you for that advice i have contacted the local police here where i live they advised me that again that it is a civil matter they took the report and gave me a case # . I plan on going to Oklahoma when he leaves and getting some legal advice and going to get my daughter with the police hopefuly he has not gave her(grandmother) custody while he is gone i know he is going to give her power of attorney that only states she can take her to the base and for medical treatment. He took her id card from me without me knowing so i dont have that anymore. The baby dosent have a id card yet. Now the daughter that i have been speaking about has been and has established a doctor in Ga she does not have a doctor there im getting all this paper work i need to prove what i am saying is true im not worried about the marriage as far as that is consiered i dont care i want my baby he can do what he wants he does it anyway and gets away with it. I will do what ever it takes to get her back .I just want to do it legally. I plan on getting the police to go with me as well and my family because i know there will be confortations and i dont want my daughter to witness that i fell like they are recording the confersations that we have. I know they are putting words in her mouth. She says that she wishes she had a mother,she hates her nanny and never wants to come back here to her house. She is not that type to say those kind of things. Her teacher has called and asked for her all friends miss her i still have to pay the daycare while she is gone. He wants us to be a family how can we be a family with him doing all of this he says this is the best thing for now . I strongly disagree!!!!!!!!!!he is seriously got issuses i now i am suffering from postpardum deppression i have real bad anxiety i have told the doctor about this and my husband or what ever he is said i am mentally unstable which i know i am not. The doctors say im not either he is just evil.

Is any on there I just wanted to others opions about this matter. If any one could help me im going crazy i feel like just going to oklahoma and getting her but im scared that those crazy people:dgrin want let me get her please some respond thanks

I am so sorry that you are gong through all of this. can you afford an attourney? YOu should definetly do what you said and wait until heis gone and then go there with the athorities. I will definetly pray for you. O can't even imagine what you are going thru. stay srong, you have your children that NEEd you to be srong. He is a sick man. there is hope for you. you gave birth to those children. you must fight for them and NEVER trust anything that he saay's ever again. or his family. they are all in on it . Don't you let him tell yu how you are. he is a very controlling person. please be strong. Jesus Christ can help you through all of this nonsense. God is on your side. If you need someone to talk to you can e-mail me at lindsy.moreland@yahoo.com.. good luck.

Thank you for thoughts i really appricate it i have talked to my family and friends over and over about this and they say the same thing. its good to here someone on the outside lookin in saying the same thing i will K.I.T thanks again:angel

Is there any one else there that can help im going this week to get her does anyone have any advice or words of incouragement for me thanks for taking the time to read all of this mess that im in. i just wish this was all over and we can be a family again!!!!!!:angel

just hang in there god will make sure it all works out . if he was phys. abusive you could go to the police and file charges on him when u get ur daughter back they might even be able to put u into a shelter right at first so he cant retaliate. contact the military and let them know about the abuse they may be able to help but most of all u need to give it to god and pray that he'll put the right actions and words into u when they r needed. good luck and god bless

Calm down and relax first of all...next you need to get an attorney and prepare for war! After you get an attorney get as far away from that loser as possible (not necessarily pick up and move but cut all ties or communication)! I'm not sure how it works in the state you signed those papers but in Florida in order to sign your rights away to a child, that child must be legally adopted by someone else otherwise those signed papers mean nothing. A court will not even accept a rights termination document unless adoption papers are submitted to. I would look into that. If in fact you did sign your rights over, take the bastard to court and make sure they know you were deceived. I do not know any reason they would give a military person full custody of a child, especially if they are not around a lot!!!! Good luck and God bless!

I'm in Georgia, and know a little about custody issues.
I'm a custodial Dad, not that I'm taking his side at all !

I also know a little about the human mind, so trust me. :)

Here's some things that you DEFINATELY should do IN THIS ORDER!

First thing Saturday Morning....
1. Take the kids OUT for breakfast and eat something SWEET.
2. After breakfast, take them somewhere they can stay and have fun all day.
(One of their friends house will usually do the trick)
3. Get a NEW Haircut at a NEW Stylist. (Let THEM decide what to do!)
4. Get a Manicure, a Pedicure, and a massage. (You deserve and NEED it)
5. Eat a GOOD LUNCH at a cheap country style restaraunt.
(Veggies, Meat, Bread, AND Dessert)
6. Buy yourself a NEW business suit/outfit including shoes.
7. Take a LONG hot bath and relax with candles listening to some soft music.
8. Go get the kids, and take them out to Dinner at THEIR choice of places.
9. Go to bed early, with plans of going to church in the morning.
10. GO TO CHURCH !!! While you are there, pray for God to give you a path to follow, and when he shows you the path....FOLLOW IT !

PLEASE let me know Sunday Night what God has shown you.....
I can't wait to hear!! ;)

I'll be praying for you all as well....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back