Other Criminal Charges & Offenses Solicitation for prostitution

Status
Not open for further replies.

johndo

I have been charged for solicitation for prostitution in Texas and allegedly it is recorded. I did some research and read it could be downgraded to Class C be expunged.

Would the court voluntarily do it since it my first offense ever or should I get a lawyer for this procedure? I just want to keep it off my record so it won't affect me getting a job in the future. Any advice is extremely appreciated.

You definitely need to talk to a lawyer.

I have been charged for solicitation for prostitution in Texas and allegedly it is recorded. I did some research and read it could be downgraded to Class C be expunged.

Would the court voluntarily do it since it my first offense ever or should I get a lawyer for this procedure? I just want to keep it off my record so it won't affect me getting a job in the future. Any advice is extremely appreciated.

You don't want this on your record, if you have a great life, or desire a great life.
This type of conviction has undertones of sexual deviancy to some, and to others, it stigmatizes you.
You really, really, really need to hire a lawyer.
If you can't afford to hire a lawyer, request the court appoint one to represent you.

Until your court date, stay out of additional trouble, and stay away from any type of street walker or sexual exploitation.
If you get caught again, it'll sting worse.
So, control your libido.

Appear in court, plead NOT GUILTY, ask for a jury trial.
Its your right, and a jury (with your attorney's endorsement) will be more sympathetic to you than a dude in a black dress.

Okay, read the law.
You must make sure you fully understand the words written.
This is silly, but its serious.
So, don't scoff at this.
A conviction for this crime can RUIN your life.

http://law.onecle.com/texas/penal/43.02.00.html

If its recorded, a good lawyer can ease the pain.
You also want to only discuss this with your lawyer going forward.

Good luck.

Would this come up I'm a background check if it's still pending?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Would this come up I'm a background check if it's still pending?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Probably not, but it all depends on who's looking.

For instance, I subscribe to certain legal and criminal history databases that permit me to see indictments and arrests.

If you were stopped in certain jurisdictions n Texas, the officer, constable, marshal, or deputy would see the pending charges.

Lets just say it's possible. It depends on who is doing the background check & the type done. There is no way to know for sure.

It depends on the employer, the job applied for, the type/how thorough of a background check the employer does .......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back