social services question

Status
Not open for further replies.

RSTIRZ

How does one fiind out who called soial services on the mother?I am the father in law.We live in Butler county.Hamilton,Ohio
One other question,what is the age limited on a child deciding who they wish to live with, using the courts & not using the courts.This is for Butler county.Hamilton,Ohio.Thks for your time

Last edited:
First off you cannot find out who called its illegal for CPS to release that info. Second a child cannot choose whom to live with. A judge does that. A judge may listen to the child say why he/she wants to live with one parent vs the other but decision comes from Judge. Judge will rule in child's best interest which is not always his/her choice

Thks for all the responce.
Another question:Its seems that the mother who is under the eye of Social Services has requested that info,& is waiting for it to come.Is she the only one that can do this?thks

I know in NY, you being the father can request a copy of the actual report, but SS can't give who filed the report. Most likely it was probably a mandated reporter, but you won't be able to find out, unless the person who filed tells you.
You can write to SS and get a copy of the report. You need to do it before it is "unfounded", otherwise it gets sealed.

Does this report have the phone number of the person who called?The reason I'm asking is that I have seen on Judge Judy show people that have that info & now I'm wondering if they got it through phone records.Is that possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back