Social Security Number vs EIN (Uber/Lyft Tax Question)

acvegasUSA

Jurisdiction
Nevada
In Nevada State a State Business License (Corporation or LLC Filing) is required for Uber as a driver.
Uber classifies its drivers as "independent contractors". Every year, Uber must file by law IRS Form 1099-MISC and/or 1099-K with the IRS and my state tax agency reporting how much Uber paid me. This applies if I was paid over $600 during the year from Uber.

1. If I organize as a Nevada Limited Liability Company - (as a S LLC)

Does Uber report on IRS Form 1099-MISC and/or 1099-K to the IRS me as an Uber driver any income made over $600 either my Social Security Number or EIN (Employer Identification Number) Number?

2. If I organize as a Nevada Limited Liability Company - (as a C LCC)

Does Uber report on IRS Form 1099-MISC and/or 1099-K to the IRS me as an Uber driver any income made over $600 either my Social Security Number or EIN (Employer Identification Number) Number?

In Nevada State a State Business License (Corporation or LLC Filing) is required for Uber as a driver.
Uber classifies its drivers as "independent contractors". Every year, Uber must file by law IRS Form 1099-MISC and/or 1099-K with the IRS and my state tax agency reporting how much Uber paid me. This applies if I was paid over $600 during the year from Uber.

1. If I organize as a Nevada Limited Liability Company - (as a S LLC)

2. If I organize as a Nevada Limited Liability Company - (as a C LCC)

I suggest you ask Über.

Über is a German preposition most commonly meaning "over." Uber is a company that provides transportation services.

In any event, if you want to know how Uber will handle various situations, ask someone there, not a bunch of anonymous strangers on the internet.

Über is a German preposition most commonly meaning "over." Uber is a company that provides transportation services.

In any event, if you want to know how Uber will handle various situations, ask someone there, not a bunch of anonymous strangers on the internet.
I just did ask Uber directly a few days ago (several times in fact). But I didn't get a straight answer to my question (so-to-speak). They kept referring me to one of their Uber links regarding taxes. It didn't have the answer I posted here and posted to Uber.

Last edited:
I just did ask Uber directly a few days ago (several times in fact). But I didn't get a straight answer to my question (so-to-speak). They kept referring me to one of their Uber links regarding taxes. It didn't have the answer I posted here and posted to Uber.

If you seek advice on tax matters (state, local, or federal) you are best served to do so from a CPA or tax attorney.

Should that NOT be to your liking, you could always contact the taxing agency directly.

If you seek advice on tax matters (state, local, or federal) you are best served to do so from a CPA or tax attorney.

Should that NOT be to your liking, you could always contact the taxing agency directly.
Yep will do. Uber probably did not answer (they danced around my question) .......probably because it digs into sensitive administration operational procedures regarding its drivers.

Back