Purchase & Sale Snake in package from Amazon

Status
Not open for further replies.

NjeriRucker93

Jurisdiction
Georgia
A snake fell out of my amazon package and all they want to do is refund me for the item. I have a one year old son who was put in danger. I seriously want something else done. I have pictures and a report from the animal control guy proving that it definitely came from the package. I paid $425 to get the snake removed and I need compensation.

Attachments

• 5B4ECA14-EF58-449A-A084-D1BA49D13421.jpeg
    5B4ECA14-EF58-449A-A084-D1BA49D13421.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 12
  • 595BF259-B42F-48E1-BDCD-D3EC6E29A97D.jpeg
    595BF259-B42F-48E1-BDCD-D3EC6E29A97D.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 10
  • A54ED213-A8CC-4B5B-8FD0-AB7B8197CD11.jpeg
    A54ED213-A8CC-4B5B-8FD0-AB7B8197CD11.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 10
$425 seems pretty steep. You are probably stuck with that expense though. It seems to me there were probably far cheaper options.

The snake could have gotten into the package through that hole at any point in transit, and it is incredibly unlikely the snake was in the bag when it was sealed.

You could never prove Amazon is responsible for the snake, and you aren't likely to get more than the generous refund they already offered.

The police, animal control, fire, or sheriff department would have removed the snake for free.

You don't get to sue for something that didn't happen. If nothing actually did happen to your son, you can't sue because something might have.

First of all, posting a document that shows your full name, address, and phone number is foolish and basically a recipe for unwanted contact. I hesitate to wonder how many fake snakes you'll receive in the mail because of this. Anyway...

A snake fell out of my amazon package

The Amazon is full of snakes....

Seriously...what kind of snake? The photo you posted suggests it was a very tiny snake (and the exterminator's invoice says "juvenile"), but I'm no expert in snake identification.

I have a one year old son who was put in danger.

Ummm...how exactly did that tiny thing put your child in danger?

I have pictures and a report from the animal control guy proving that it definitely came from the package. I paid $425 to get the snake removed and I need compensation.

That report most certainly does not "prov[e] that it definitely came from the package." The invoice states that person who wrote the invoice removed a "juvenile snake" from the "kitchen of [your] home." The statement that the snake came from the package is almost certainly nothing but a reference to what you told the person who wrote the invoice.

I can't even conceive of paying $425 to remove something that small from my home.

You're obviously free to sue whomever you like, but keep the following in mind:

The company you mentioned may or may not have been the actual seller. Not all orders placed through that company are fulfilled by that company.

You'll have to prove that the snake didn't crawl into the package after it was left on your porch or wherever it was left by the person who delivered it. Isn't it possible that the hole in the bag depicted in the photo wasn't there when the shipment left the seller's control? Maybe the snake got in the bag while the item was in transit.

Spending $425 was an overreaction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back