Sleeping arrangements

grace2

Jurisdiction
North Carolina
Trying to find out if there is a law regarding children of the opposite sex to sleep in the same bed. The boy is 12 and the girl is 9. I feel that at those ages, it is a terrible idea to allow them to co-sleep. But when I bring it up to my ex, I just get lied to about it.

There are countless threads on this and other forums on this very issue. NO IT IS NOT unlawful for opposite sex siblings to share a room.

NO IT IS NOT unlawful for opposite sex siblings to share a room.

It isn't unlawful to allow minor siblings of either sex to sleep in the same bed, sleeping bag, or underneath the same Interstate overpass.

Poverty hasn't been outlawed yet, and those afflicted with financial challenges aren't criminals.

My sister and I shared a room until age 11 or 12 but our parents financial situation improved and we moved and got our own rooms. This was never an issue. We my EX and i first separated and later divorced I lived in a Motel with my 3 three children. When my current wife and I began living together we shared this very same Motel room with my three kids and her one. When our child was born we still lived in that Motel for a short time until we got a 4 bedroom home to rent. My EX tried to make our living situation an issue it was laughed off.

Trying to find out if there is a law regarding children of the opposite sex to sleep in the same bed. The boy is 12 and the girl is 9. I feel that at those ages, it is a terrible idea to allow them to co-sleep. But when I bring it up to my ex, I just get lied to about it.
Why is it terrible for them to sleep in the same bed or room? They're siblings right? Are they stepsiblings or blood related siblings?

As stated there are a lot of threads on this and all are the same. I don't understand why people think it's "immoral" for opposite gender siblings to sleep in the same bed or same room together.

I'm six years older than my youngest brother. He had a fear of thunderstorms when he was little. At a point my dad said he couldn't sleep in their room anymore. So he came and slept in mine and in the same bed. He was like 7 so I was 13. No problems (except he was a bed hog).

I shared a room with the other younger brother until I was 10. He's 2 1/2 years younger. I had to move out because the youngest brother got too big for the crib and needed a room and have 2 older brothers.

If you think something inappropriate will happen between your children sharing a bed you have bigger issues.

No, not illegal. The only time it "might" be a problem is in the case of foster or adopted children.

My sister and I shared a room until age 11 or 12 but our parents financial situation improved and we moved and got our own rooms. This was never an issue. We my EX and i first separated and later divorced I lived in a Motel with my 3 three children. When my current wife and I began living together we shared this very same Motel room with my three kids and her one. When our child was born we still lived in that Motel for a short time until we got a 4 bedroom home to rent. My EX tried to make our living situation an issue it was laughed off.

That's nuts.
Being poor is very often not the fault of the parents.
Poverty seems to get worse, and I doubt that it will ever improve.
What this country doesn't have, is what we see in Asia, South America, parts of Mexico, Africa, the Middle East, and even some countries in Europe; abject, gut wrenching, belly bloating, starvation.

Our poor have flat screens, cable, cell phones, talets, air conditioning, and tend not to live in shanties, or tents.

Yet, being poor doesn't mean you're an animal, a sex pervert, a criminal.

Many poor people work hard, and try to improve their lot.

I dare say that incest is no worse among the poor, than it is among the wealthy.

I agree, when this subject is raised, its very often to stick a thumb (maybe a fist) in the other person's eye.

That's nuts.
Being poor is very often not the fault of the parents.
Poverty seems to get worse, and I doubt that it will ever improve.
What this country doesn't have, is what we see in Asia, South America, parts of Mexico, Africa, the Middle East, and even some countries in Europe; abject, gut wrenching, belly bloating, starvation.

Our poor have flat screens, cable, cell phones, talets, air conditioning, and tend not to live in shanties, or tents.

Yet, being poor doesn't mean you're an animal, a sex pervert, a criminal.

Many poor people work hard, and try to improve their lot.

I dare say that incest is no worse among the poor, than it is among the wealthy.

I agree, when this subject is raised, its very often to stick a thumb (maybe a fist) in the other person's eye.
Idk the poor or homeless you know but people I know who are poor do not have flat screens or cable or tablets or AC. There are a LOT of homeless who sleep in parks. Who live in alleys. Who sleep on park benches. Even in bigger cities. I have seen it. I saw it in DC. A park full of homeless people. I have seen it in other places as well.

Idk the poor or homeless you know but people I know who are poor do not have flat screens or cable or tablets or AC. There are a LOT of homeless who sleep in parks. Who live in alleys. Who sleep on park benches. Even in bigger cities. I have seen it. I saw it in DC. A park full of homeless people. I have seen it in other places as well.

I've seen homeless in cities, towns, and villages.
I've seen poor people with flat screens, cars, living in air conditioned homes.

I'll clarify.
In some countries the poor AREN'T homeless, but they might as well be.
In this country, all poor people aren't living in squalor.
I know people, good people, that happen to be poor.
They work, they struggle, they remain poor because they're trying to survive on $10/hour jobs raising families.
Some even have TWO full time $10/hour jobs, yet they still struggle.

This country is collapsing.
There was a time people earned $30/hour, $40/hour working in factories.
Those jobs were exported.
The price of the goods increased, wages were cut by a 1/3.

That's why there isn't abject poverty, today.

Keep watching, because its coming unless something is done to remedy.

There will come a day when a social security pensioner will be considered middle class, if social security can be saved.

Poverty does NOT mean without income. I know of the lower income family's with flat screen TVs why? simple it was given to them or by some other means. Example when my family and i were down and out we were given gifts like $100.00 cash, Brand new fridge, gift for all five of our children, once a child care provider bought us a van! so yes its possible

Poverty does NOT mean without income. I know of the lower income family's with flat screen TVs why? simple it was given to them or by some other means. Example when my family and i were down and out we were given gifts like $100.00 cash, Brand new fridge, gift for all five of our children, once a child care provider bought us a van! so yes its possible

It sure is, and I know of few of my own relatives who are what the government says "living below the poverty line".
.2015 Poverty Guidelines

BTW, that is about $21K for a family of three.

And, as shrinkmaster | TheLaw.com suggests, my "poorer kin" have two cars (some have 3-4 as their kids have 1), cell phones, flat screens, tablets, and other stuff.

They used to scam some of it from me, after I cut that off, they scam it from Uncle Sam with EBT cards, food cards (aka food stamps), food banks, and charitable organizations.

They all share one flaw, they shun work, preferring to scam off of others.

The politics of poverty and social services aside, siblings of the opposite sex may share a bed legally. It is not even terribly uncommon, particularly when travelling, visiting relatives, or when kids fall asleep watching movies.

Certainly it is not illegal. However I will agree that it isn't ideal. A 12 year old boy is starting to get curious about sexuality.

Certainly it is not illegal. However I will agree that it isn't ideal. A 12 year old boy is starting to get curious about sexuality.

If a 12 year old boy is curious about sexuality he generally doesn't mess around with his siblings. If he is - they have bigger issues at hand than sleeping arrangements.

It can happen. I know of a family currently dealing with the issue. And they did not sleep in the same room.

Back