Slander

Status
Not open for further replies.

txkris

I need advice please......
I work for a city...I have for 10 years, I was called on the 22 of dec. and was placed on administrative leave with no explanation as to why, the director was as well. Rumors started about 3 years ago that he and I were having an affair. At the time we were both married and he still is. I recently got a divorce. Let me make this clear...I have never had an affair with this man, nor would I ever!!!! He is nothing I would ever be interested n, ever. We have been very good friends because iv gone through alot of crap with my marriage and kids, etc... Recently, I was informed from
Another city manager that another city manager has gone to her saying, "did u know that k and d were having an affair"? I want to sue for slander and the worst part of it is the one spreading the rumor is a relative!!! Wat are my chances of winning this case? The other manager has said she will testify in court as to him saying that. The town I live n is my hometown and has been all my life. He's ruining my character and everything I have! Wat do I do!!!

Txkris, I suggest you make an appointment with a couple of nearby lawyers.

The first meeting is at no cost.

You can ask many questions, and the lawyers will advise you of your options.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back