Slander And Libel

Status
Not open for further replies.

patrickjscp

I recently sued my ex-girl freind over a loan she has not paid me back on. In small claims court she told my vice president of my company that I am a covicted child molester and if she has children she should keep them away from me. She said this to her in the hallway outside the court room two times on two diffrent dates. Also she submitted a declaration to the court on this small claims case the same thing acouseing me of being a child molester. "this is not true in the slitest" she did this to try and sway the judge into thinking that I am a bad person. My company got the judgement but now she has told every one in open court the the prsident of my company being myself. Is a convicted child molester can I sue her for slander and libel?

slander and liabel

This story sounds strange. If you went to court already, didn't you have an Attorney present so you could address these questions to him?????? You need to be careful, if you make a serious accusation like this, especially when untrue, you can wind up in a serious Criminal situation. A reasonably intelligent person would not be making comments about a child molester to others without proof. Convicted offendors have a record that can be traced instantly. You need to get educated on the "Law In the real World"!! No record/ No Case.... On the other hand, a person is free to make an accusation if in fact it is true and they have proof to back up their claim!! If you know something to be Absolutely untrue, play it safe, keep your mouth shut. Also, it isn't a good idea to use other people's names on this forum......Thanks...................................

People in small claims (assuming this is what happened) do not have attorneys generally.

You have several options. Unfortunatley many people say things like this with no proof whatsoever and she could get in some trouble if you can prove what she says is false, was malicious, and caused you financial harm.

You might want to see an attorney about getting a strongly written ceist and desist letter sent to her and let her know you will take action against her if she continous to slander you, and she is to stop doing so immediately.

I'm new to the site, and this is my first post. I have questions regarding what my options are IF I get slandered or libeled. My situation: My husband's ex wife is extremely hostile and unstable. I am a teacher, have been for the last 8 years. In the next coming month or so, it is very likely we will receive custody of his son. Since the custody issue is finally coming to a close, his ex-wife has become increasingly hostile. I would not put it past her to alledge in the future that I have molested her son or that I've abused him in some way. This allegation is insulting and defamatory enough on it's own, but my very livelihood (sp?) is based on working with children. To further complicate things, we have just moved to a new area, and I have started teaching at a new school - I will not be tenured for another 2 years. I'm afraid the mere suggestion of any abuse, regardless of the truth, could cost me my career. I may be paranoid here, but I really would not put it past this woman to allege something like this. Is there any way I can make my concerns (that she will be libelous/slanderous) known to the court without appearing 'paranoid'? Should I sit down with my new boss and discuss my fear with him? It's frustrating that you can't head something off at the pass for a concern like this - you have to wait til someone does it and then try to undo the damage. With an allegation like that, my thinking is, it doesn't have to be true, just the mere suggestion of it will be damaging enough for my profession. Any comments, suggestions, procedures I should know about, advice . . .is welcome.

Thanks -
Maya:confused:

Convicted child molesters names appear in a worldwide database and you will have a criminal record. If you have no record or conviction I would not worry about it. Making accusations with no proof can lead to trouble.

Last edited:
This response is to the poster who keeps reporting this thread.

When you can show me to my satisfaction where anyone on this thread is harassing, libeling or otherwise mistreating a poster, I'll take action.

Until then, you are on your own.

The message is stupid and makes absolutely no sense. It seems to serve no educational or informational purposes!

Last edited:
I am responding here and putting this thread into a holding pattern. I will not explain reasons for issues concerning this thread but at the very least, cris-mld, if you are going to complain and send emails complaining then having a registered email address is a prerequisite. Emails directed to you were bounced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back