Six figures arrears

M

MsAlize

Jurisdiction
New York
I have an active child support case in NYC against the donor for my twins since 2012. He is currently in arrears to the tune of almost $115,000. He is living in GA with his new wife and I believe daughter. To my knowledge and according to my last visit to court with him he was not working. His new wife of three months is a doctor. Will she be responsible for his arrears in anyway now that she has attached herself to this deadbeat child support owing ondividual. Also I am awaiting approval from SSi for disability but I currently receive PA since I cannot return to work. I lost my job in 2012 and have struggled to care for my daughter and two other children on my own.

No, the spouse of a deadbeat, even the billionaire spouse of a deadbeat bears no legal responsibility to pay debts, or child support owed by the deadbeat.

I suggest you plan on never receiving a dime of child support he owes.
Why?
Because there's very little, other than what's being done to make deadbeats cough up the loot.

Sure, he can lose his drivers license, his professional or occupational licenses, his income tax returns, even do a few days in a county jail, maybe get his assets snatched, certain earnings snatched, certain types of pensions and disability payments too (a'small portion of those, about 15% at most) that's about it.

As you've seen, your deadbeat has amassed arrears over $100K, and climbing.

Doubtful you'll ever see $10K, over the next decade, now that dude has a well to do, sugar mama.

I have an active child support case in NYC against the donor for my twins since 2012. He is currently in arrears to the tune of almost $115,000. He is living in GA with his new wife and I believe daughter. To my knowledge and according to my last visit to court with him he was not working. His new wife of three months is a doctor. Will she be responsible for his arrears in anyway now that she has attached herself to this deadbeat child support owing ondividual. Also I am awaiting approval from SSi for disability but I currently receive PA since I cannot return to work. I lost my job in 2012 and have struggled to care for my daughter and two other children on my own.

Why the hell should his spouse be responsible? So what if she married him...his child support doesn't become her responsibility. It pisses me off when women think they should get the money from anyone. Yeah my ex is a deadbeat and he was when I married him. His ex had the same reasons I did to divorce him but she's not perfect either and she's just as big of a narcissist as him. She illegally would use visitation against him to get child support. So I started paying it so that we could see the kids when I was married to him. It wasn't my responsibility to pay it but I did it because that selfish woman used her kids just to get money. I would never do that with my daughter. Right now I don't have to let him see her unless I want to let him. But if we had a visitation plan that was court ordered I would follow it because legally that's what you do child support or not.

I have gotten $275 or some shit in the last year. He is probably nearing on $12000 in what he owes for all four kids. None of us get it. Guess what we do? We go on with life not depending on the child support.

You talk shit that she married a deadbeat? You got pregnant by him too!!! So don't get all high and mighty when you were in the same situation she is in. Sorry - I get really irritated with people like you who post things like you just did.

So if you marry a guy and he owes child support but isn't paying it, is it okay for his ex wife to come after you for child support? Would you pay it?

Will she be responsible for his arrears in anyway now that she has attached herself to this deadbeat child support owing ondividual.

Short answer No! (That isn't the way it works.)

Back