single mom

Status
Not open for further replies.
24 and currently staying with him and his family.

Are you (Were you) and the baby's daddy ever married?
If not, you're free to go anywhere you want to go, and take your baby(ies) with you.
Once you are with your people in the other state, see a lawyer.
You want to know what must be done if baby daddy shows up.

No we were never married. So there's no law saying I can't leave?

There are no laws prohibiting adults from going anywhere they wish to travel, visit, work, or live.
As long as there are no court orders about your child(ren) - he - she - them GO where you decide.
If you're unsafe, get out now.
Safety first for you and your babies.
No one can hold you against your will​

It doesn't actually matter one hoot whether or not there's a legal father. The only reason I asked was to see if there were potential criminal issues for him...not Mom.

Mom, the presumption in WA is in favor of relocation. This means that in order for him to stop you from relocating with your mutual child, he has to jump through many, many hoops. The law is not on his side here.

Just do not hide the child without having a darned good reason for doing so.

There are no laws prohibiting adults from going anywhere they wish to travel, visit, work, or live.
As long as there are no court orders about your child(ren) - he - she - them GO where you decide.
If you're unsafe, get out now.
Safety first for you and your babies.
No one can hold you against your will​

Nobody is holding the parent against their will - what the court can do is prevent the children from being relocated.

Nobody is holding the parent against their will - what the court can do is prevent the children from being relocated.

I'm not sure why you're addressing that to me, but I'm sure it'll help someone.
I have no questions, therefore I have no issues.
I'm as happy as bee in field of pastel colored flowers on a beautiful, sunny day.

I'm not sure why you're addressing that to me, but I'm sure it'll help someone.
I have no questions, therefore I have no issues.
I'm as happy as bee in field of pastel colored flowers on a beautiful, sunny day.

Oh, no reason really. Probably because you said something about nobody being able to hold her/him there against her/his will. Given that nobody had mentioned that to begin with, I took it upon myself to clarify the possible issue just in case somebody was confused. It was my pre-coffee Random Nice Thing To Do task.

:cool:

Mom, as of this exact second, you can take your child with you to safety.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back