Single Father needs your help

Status
Not open for further replies.

MAO_

I am a single dad that has shared custody, physcal and legal. The problem is that although i have my son 4 nights every week, my son does not want to go to his mothers anymore. He has ask to talk to the judge himself becasue he did last year. The problem, he ask to talk to the judge but he does not want the judge to tell his mom what he says because last year after he did, she was mean to him and so was her boyfriend after she found out what he told the judge. I can not afford an attorney and I still pay a lot of support. Is it possable to request he talk to the judge, and request he not disclose to his mom anything? I don't need to know becasue I know already know but if she finds out, she will again make his life misrable. I have over a year jurnal to prove she is neglectful and letters from school teachers showing he has problems when at her home but can I request this and her not find out what they talk about? Please help me, I have court in 2 months and I just can not afford a lawyer. Thanks

You do not need a lawyer to file for custody.

The most important question is..how old is your son? In most cases the child needs to be at least 13 to really take his opinions seriously.

Mom is still entitled to visitation regardless, even ig you get custody.

Does your family court have a self help-or mediation center? You should file for custody. You should not need an attorney unless the ex wife hires one.

Also if you have the child 4 night a week then you should file for an adjustment in support as well.

You need to find out the real reason why he doesn't want to go to his mother's. If she or the boyfriend is abusive, you can take him to the Children and Families office and have him talk to them. If he just likes it more at your house because you're less strict or something then there is probably nothing you can do. The judge usually wont remove a child from one home unless there is evidence of neglect or abuse. If he's a teenager, the court will listen and sometimes let the child chose where he wants to live.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back