Signing over your rights as a father, Australia!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffreyjames

Hi there,

I'm pretty sure I'm just about to lose my daughter which I just found out is not mine. Is the legal father able to sign his rights over claiming me as the father ...

Will I then be able to get custody, part custody of the child if he does sign his rights over?

Cheers,

JJ!

jeffreyjames said:
Hi there,

I'm pretty sure I'm just about to lose my daughter which I just found out is not mine. Is the legal father able to sign his rights over claiming me as the father ...

Will I then be able to get custody, part custody of the child if he does sign his rights over?
JJ!

I don't know the laws in Australia with regard to custody but I cannot imagine that it isn't similar to the US, where the real father can consent to your adoption of the child. Why are you questioning partial custody?

signing over parental rights

My daughters father agreed to sign over his parental rights, but I have to do all the research on how one goes about doing this.
I am from the state of New Hampshire. I would like to do this without involving a lawyer, but I don't know how to go about it or what paperwork her father would need to sign.
If anybody has any suggestions I would appreciate it greatly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back