Signing over rights

Assuming you're talking about "signing over [parental] rights" to you regarding a child of you and your ex, there is no such thing. The only way he can "sign over his rights" is if you have married someone else and your husband now wants to adopt the child.

If you weren't married, he has no parental rights to your child.

You probably need to speak with social services and let them straighten you out on how things work. They can make sure you are getting whatever services you qualify for.
Give up on the "sign over rights" idea... it's a myth. If you were unmarried and he was never established as the father by a paternity test via the courts then he has no rights to speak of. Do what you want. You don't need his consent.

You need to first tell us were you married at time of child's birth? Was this man named child's Father via any court order? Did he sign any birth documents?

My ex is ready to sign over his rights to me completely how do I go about getting this done?

Are you married to someone who is a stepparent to your child who is willing to adopt said child? If not then your ex cannot relinquish their parental rights. It's not that easy.

Also if you were not married to him when the child was born and he never established his paternity in court, he has no paternal rights.

Back