Signing over administration rights

Randal

Jurisdiction
West Virginia
I recently inherited a portion of land. It was inherited by myself, a brother and sister. The brother (I was adopted) is asking me to sign paperwork making him administrator. I'm not fully sure what this entitles him to. If I sign, am I signing over all my rights to this property. The land is gorgeous and I do not wish to sell it but, I would like to build a log cabin on my third of it.

If I sign, am I signing over all my rights to this property.

I don't know.

I can't see the paper from here.

Read it thoroughly and carefully so you can understand it before you sign it.

And, whether you understand it or not, consult your own attorney before signing it.

I recently inherited a portion of land. It was inherited by myself, a brother and sister. The brother (I was adopted) is asking me to sign paperwork making him administrator. I'm not fully sure what this entitles him to. If I sign, am I signing over all my rights to this property. The land is gorgeous and I do not wish to sell it but, I would like to build a log cabin on my third of it.

Take the document to a local lawyer and ask the lawyer to explain EXACTLY what it would mena IF you signed the paper.

It might cost you $200 to $500, give or take, but it'll be money well spent, mate.

The brother . . . is asking me to sign paperwork making him administrator.

Administrator of what?

If I sign, am I signing over all my rights to this property.

It would be very dumb for anyone here to opine about the legal effect of a document we haven't read. If your brother has asked you to sign some document and you don't understand what the document means, you should take it to a local attorney and ask for advice.

Back