sighned and paid lease on condo,undue influence?

If you are served legal documents from a sheriff or law enforcement official, you MUST appear in court to settle this matter.
If you don't appear, you will be evicted by defaulting.

now am leasing 3 homes w/no place to stay, the 3'rd one is being remodled and will be done in 2 wks when that new addy is done I can start to move, sighned that lease 2day!
Do the same people monitor all legal aspects of this sight, does me bumping into you here mean that I cannot get impartial advice, am I doomed to be convicted based on that charge from 8months ago regarding all legal issues? and if so then I will find another forum .......maybe I dont know.......

I seen nothing in the NY landlord tenant statutes that would allow him to break your lease (without your consent) because you are being charged with a crime.

In fact, the NY statutes limit the LL's ability to remove you without going to court.

Read the following eviction statute, specifically 711 and 715.

2016 New York Laws :: RPA - Real Property Actions & Proceedings :: Article 7 - (Real Property Actions & Proceedings) SUMMARY PROCEEDING TO RECOVER POSSESSION OF REAL PROPERTY

Also become familiar with the basic landlord tenant statute:

2016 New York Laws :: RPP - Real Property :: Article 7 - (Real Property) Landlord and Tenant

He can complain and allege all he wants but his hot air gives him no power at all.

I suggest you send him written notice that you have a lease, that you are holding him to that lease, that he has absolutely no legal grounds to break the lease, and demand that he cease and desist all his efforts to do so.

Why would you do that?
I dont know ... I dont wanna argue I wanna find resolution

does me bumping into you here mean that I cannot get impartial advice

No.

I am treating your landlord tenant issue separate from the criminal issue in the other post and the advice I have just given you about it is an impartial analysis of the legal aspects of the landlord's behavior.

You are protected under those statutes and the landlord's ultimate choice is to leave you alone or take you to court.

I dont wanna argue I wanna find resolution

Your resolution is a cease and desist demand to the landlord or accept his offer of money in exchange for you moving out if that's what you want to do.

can I ask where do U get these links to statute law? they are way cool

I have a ton of reference material on my computer accumulated over the last 15 years.

armyjudge R U refering to NYC I have never heard of this court that U R refering to

NYC has a specific Housing Court. Every other place uses regular court for evictions but people call it eviction court because that's where evictions take place. Calling it that doesn't mean much.

Was there ever any reason given for the LL's behavior?

Your liability to the LL or the LL's liability to you?

Are you in NYC (5 boroughs) or another part of the state? If another part, which county?

Do you have your lease and receipts in your possession?

I seen nothing in the NY landlord tenant statutes that would allow him to break your lease (without your consent) because you are being charged with a crime.

In fact, the NY statutes limit the LL's ability to remove you without going to court.

2016 New York Laws :: RPA - Real Property Actions & Proceedings :: Article 7 - (Real Property Actions & Proceedings) SUMMARY PROCEEDING TO RECOVER POSSESSION OF REAL PROPERTY

2016 New York Laws :: RPP - Real Property :: Article 7 - (Real Property) Landlord and Tenant

He can complain and allege all he wants but his hot air gives him no power at all.

I suggest you send him written notice that you have a lease, that you are holding him to that lease, that he has absolutely no legal grounds to break the lease, and demand that he cease and desist all his efforts to do so.

Why would you do that?
Your Question of "why would you do that" are you reffering to the leasing of a 3'rd apt. or the going to a new legal forum?

if anyone sees this anytime while I am here (I dont know if you can tell that or not) but I have a few question re: the ability to communicate here , I believe there is a strong disconnect on my part that I NEED to address it will help to convey real info, as opposed to improper admin. ! please reply, your patience (if there is any left for me) is much appreciated !!!!!!!!!!!

if anyone sees this anytime while I am here (I dont know if you can tell that or not) but I have a few question re: the ability to communicate here , I believe there is a strong disconnect on my part that I NEED to address it will help to convey real info, as opposed to improper admin. ! please reply, your patience (if there is any left for me) is much appreciated !!!!!!!!!!!

Your name says it all, KISS, so just tell your story, leave out the fluff, just the facts.

Example:
Question:
I was arrested for DUI.
What do I do?

Answer:
Don't discuss your case with anyone but your lawyer.
Go to court, plead NOT guilty, ask the court if you qualify for a public defender.
If you do, great.
If you don't you better figure out a way to hire one.
Stay out of more trouble while this case winds it way through court.
While you wait, OBEY their laws, wait patiently, stay in touch with your bail bonding agent and your lawyer.

Simple, very, very simple.
This is not the court.
We can't try your case here.
Arguing with anyone is a waste of time.

well anyways, anyone that might communicate re:anything with me.....should know I have never been on a "forum B4" this format is very foreign to me , just discovered today "GOOGLE" Spell and Define, at the urging of members of this sight, (I aim to please) and more importantly LEARN everyone here has been very kind and patient, and generous w/there time, which is very very valuable(I recognize, and I think that is important) its also important to me that you know that U are dealing w/a person that often has to put his leg in a garbage bag and walk to the neighbors (for a ride to the hospital , if my little dog reaches for me with a paw and as a result, blood gushes and flies all over to make like a crime scene scenario, due to extreme high blood pressure , as everyone I am very stressed as well,I know everyone has there cross to bear and thats fine w/me I take my cross in stride and move on every day I wake up(alive) and I happy and very anxious to accomplish as much as possible, I think it unfair to those around me and those I interact w/that they should be so patient, and I so impatient, I do not think that just cause someone here or anyone anywhere might disagree w/me that they are wrong, quite the contrary really, But I also do not immediately assume I am wrong , re:the crim charge (menacing second) You all simply have not understood the order of things then you would know that it was in-fact SELF DEFENSE, and I will suffer no further an that matter , bad enough that I have to wonder if I might go to jail for asking a person his name, and that same person had attacked me a week prior and got away scott free , (because who he attacked was me) and not any other even the cop(that responded) said, " had he come at me like that I would have pulled my gun before he even got to me" all of you would and could. I cannot because who I am

well anyways, anyone that might communicate re:anything with me.....should know I have never been on a "forum B4" this format is very foreign to me , just discovered today "GOOGLE" Spell and Define, at the urging of members of this sight, (I aim to please) and more importantly LEARN everyone here has been very kind and patient, and generous w/there time, which is very very valuable(I recognize, and I think that is important) its also important to me that you know that U are dealing w/a person that often has to put his leg in a garbage bag and walk to the neighbors (for a ride to the hospital , if my little dog reaches for me with a paw and as a result, blood gushes and flies all over to make like a crime scene scenario, due to extreme high blood pressure , as everyone I am very stressed as well,I know everyone has there cross to bear and thats fine w/me I take my cross in stride and move on every day I wake up(alive) and I happy and very anxious to accomplish as much as possible, I think it unfair to those around me and those I interact w/that they should be so patient, and I so impatient, I do not think that just cause someone here or anyone anywhere might disagree w/me that they are wrong, quite the contrary really, But I also do not immediately assume I am wrong , re:the crim charge (menacing second) You all simply have not understood the order of things then you would know that it was in-fact SELF DEFENSE, and I will suffer no further an that matter , bad enough that I have to wonder if I might go to jail for asking a person his name, and that same person had attacked me a week prior and got away scott free , (because who he attacked was me) and not any other even the cop(that responded) said, " had he come at me like that I would have pulled my gun before he even got to me" all of you would and could. I cannot because who I am
Understand these things and I would love to stay if U will have me. if not I will Be gone, much thank sincerely, me

Why would you do that?
OK I just finished, reading the Terms of Use agreement for this sight, actually good reading (from a legal point of view) I agree completely , and strongly desire to stay if I can get a fair shake (second try) w/my new name. lemmy know , sincerely me

OK I just finished, reading the Terms of Use agreement for this sight, actually good reading (from a legal point of view) I agree completely , and strongly desire to stay if I can get a fair shake (second try) w/my new name. lemmy know , sincerely me

Mate, if you were unwanted here, you would already be banned.

That said, let's not stress about spilled milk.

Its cleaned up, that way it won't sour, and we can al move on and upward.

Post away, mate, post away.

All are welcomed here.

Mate, if you were unwanted here, you would already be banned.

That said, let's not stress about spilled milk.

Its cleaned up, that way it won't sour, and we can al move on and upward.

Post away, mate, post away.

All are welcomed here.
How can a poor man lease 3 homes? A valid thought and question addressed herein! He would be asked by a longtime LL to break a lease so the LL can fix and sell at will, the tenant would acquiesce, and find new housing, then get illegally evicted and find other suitable housing for family, hence 3 paid leases, with no valid home till number 3 is ready. a preemptive attempt to avoid casted aspersions ! As I would strongly question such a situation! Let that clear and clean that air !

Back