sighned and paid lease on condo,undue influence?

Jurisdiction
New York
I signed a lease w/a owner of a condo. I paid 2 months rent in advance plus a 950$ sec. deposit, I then cleaned this condo for four days till it sparkled with a hired person to assist, Then started moving possessions in, on the 8'th day ,I started getting very direct voice mails, emails,texts and harrasing calls from the landlord w/demands to vacate his property. Unauthorized entrances by the landlord , the gathering and piling of possessions, threats of lock changing , calling of police , court action against myself and family. I can verify and prove every statement I just made with print outs, the emails from the landlord himself, the voice mails themselves, the text messages, actual witnesses . and then taped to front and back doors NOTICE to VACATE demands, where in the law do I stand regarding financial liability ?Can I get my $2554.00 back and what about all the new costs to vacate and the cleaning charges as well as my two lost appliances(washer/dryer) that I sold to previous landlord as there was nowhere in the new condo for my others? Does anyone know? Also unannounced visits w/the trowing out of friends.

Last edited:
on the 8'th day ,I started getting very direct voice mails, emails,texts and harrasing calls from the landlord w/demands to vacate his property. Unauthorized entrances by the landlord , the gathering and piling of possessions, threats of lock changing , calling of police , court action against myself and family. I can verify and prove every statement I just made with print outs, the emails from the landlord himself, the voice mails themselves, the text messages, actual witnesses . and then taped to front and back doors NOTICE to VACATE demands,

Was there ever any reason given for the LL's behavior?

where in the law do I stand regarding financial liability ?

Your liability to the LL or the LL's liability to you?

Are you in NYC (5 boroughs) or another part of the state? If another part, which county?

Do you have your lease and receipts in your possession?

I signed a lease w/a owner of a condo. I paid 2 months rent in advance plus a 950$ sec. deposit, I then cleaned this condo for four days till it sparkled with a hired person to assist, Then started moving possessions in, on the 8'th day ,I started getting very direct voice mails, emails,texts and harrasing calls from the landlord w/demands to vacate his property. Unauthorized entrances by the landlord , the gathering and piling of possessions, threats of lock changing , calling of police , court action against myself and family. I can verify and prove every statement I just made with print outs, the emails from the landlord himself, the voice mails themselves, the text messages, actual witnesses . and then taped to front and back doors NOTICE to VACATE demands, where in the law do I stand regarding financial liability ?Can I get my $2554.00 back and what about all the new costs to vacate and the cleaning charges as well as my two lost appliances(washer/dryer) that I sold to previous landlord as there was nowhere in the new condo for my others? Does anyone know? Also unannounced visits w/the trowing out of friends.
Do I have any recourse?

No, it's not a problem. Now that you mention it I'm beginning to see the light. You mentioned something in the criminal posts about a landlord trying to get you out because you've been charged with a crime.

Stop adding messages for a bit so I can gather my thoughts and address your questions.

have been here 7yrs the condos the old LL says he is selling so I leased another as I want our son to stay in the same school district and our daughter and granddaughter also lease hear

now am leasing 3 homes w/no place to stay, the 3'rd one is being remodled and will be done in 2 wks when that new addy is done I can start to move, sighned that lease 2day!

taped to front and back doors NOTICE to VACATE demands, where in the law do I stand regarding financial liability ?Can I get my $2554.00 back and what about all the new costs to vacate and the cleaning charges as well as my two lost appliances(washer/dryer) that I sold to previous landlord as there was nowhere in the new condo for my others? Does anyone know? Also unannounced visits w/the trowing out of friends.

A notice to vacate is a request.
The usual result will be that a legal lawsuit (EVICTION) is coming.

The place to argue about money owed to you is during the court hearing, EVICTION.
You argue about your stuff during the eviction.
A judge will decide who gets what!!!

I seen nothing in the NY landlord tenant statutes that would allow him to break your lease (without your consent) because you are being charged with a crime.

In fact, the NY statutes limit the LL's ability to remove you without going to court.

Read the following eviction statute, specifically 711 and 715.

2016 New York Laws :: RPA - Real Property Actions & Proceedings :: Article 7 - (Real Property Actions & Proceedings) SUMMARY PROCEEDING TO RECOVER POSSESSION OF REAL PROPERTY

Also become familiar with the basic landlord tenant statute:

2016 New York Laws :: RPP - Real Property :: Article 7 - (Real Property) Landlord and Tenant

He can complain and allege all he wants but his hot air gives him no power at all.

I suggest you send him written notice that you have a lease, that you are holding him to that lease, that he has absolutely no legal grounds to break the lease, and demand that he cease and desist all his efforts to do so.

now am leasing 3 homes w/no place to stay, the 3'rd one is being remodled and will be done in 2 wks

Why would you do that?

Back