Siblings of opposite sex sharing a bedroom

Tlj31684

Jurisdiction
Connecticut
I am just wondering what the law in CT is regarding the issue of siblings of opposite sex sharing a bedroom. The children are half-siblings, 10 and 3, and sleep in the same bedroom. Is this legal in the State of Connecticut?

I am just wondering what the law in CT is regarding the issue of siblings of opposite sex sharing a bedroom. The children are half-siblings, 10 and 3, and sleep in the same bedroom. Is this legal in the State of Connecticut?

It wouldn't matter if those children were UNRELATED, there is NO law in any US State or territory that prohibits adults or children (RELATED by BLOOD or simply FRIENDS, heck even STRANGERS) from sharing the same bed, the same room, or even the same tent to simply sleep or rest!!!!!

Many people are unable to afford what others can afford.

Poverty has YET to be outlawed anywhere on this planet, much less the USA.

Even if it were outlawed, frugality wouldn't be, so being too cheap to buy everyone a bed, NOT a crime, either!!!!

Are you a divorced parent trying to find something to nail the other parent with?

That's usually why this question is raised.

Are you a divorced parent trying to find something to nail the other parent with?

That's usually why this question is raised.

No, just asking because I was unsure. Been rifling through the statutes for hours and couldn't find anything, so I thought I'd get verification of my inability to locate an actual statute regarding the matter. Thank you. You've been very helpful.

The law cares when the children in question are foster children in a foster home. Other than that, no.

And this question gets asked at least monthly. If not weekly.

Been awhile since we had one of these posts...

What makes you think it's illegal for opposite gender siblings to share a room? I'm curious as to why people think that a brother and sister sharing a room is a bad thing.

I am the only girl out of five kids. I shared a room with one younger brother until I was about 10 or 11. The only reason I got moved out is because the youngest was too big to sleep in a crib or my parents room. So I got moved upstairs to not even a real room. I got an alcove.

There is no law about this except possibly in regards to foster children. The fact that people think that opposite gender siblings are going to be doing who knows what really disturbs me about society.

If you have concerns about siblings being sexually inappropriate with the others you have bigger issues to address.

There is no law about this except possibly in regards to foster children. The fact that people think that opposite gender siblings are going to be doing who knows what really disturbs me about society.

It is curious, isn't it?

Statistically, the male parent (a male live in lover of the mother, a male stepparent, a male relative, or male family "friend") is more likely to sexually molest a child.

Children are sexually molested by "ahem", male siblings, at a much lower rate, and if such molestation does occur, the child's sibling that molests his brother or sister, was likely victimized by a male parent, male relative, or male family "friend".

Sexual molestations among siblings occurs at a much lower rate than sexual molestations by male parents, male stepparents, or live in male lovers of the child's mother.

Parents, please protect your babies.

Parents (moms and pops) keep a close watch on ALL male figures because statistics reveal them to be the vicious culprits most likely to perpetrate this heinous crime on unsuspecting, trusting, loving babies.

It is curious, isn't it?

Statistically, the male parent (a male live in lover of the mother, a male stepparent, a male relative, or male family "friend") is more likely to sexually molest a child.

Children are sexually molested by "ahem", male siblings, at a much lower rate, and if such molestation does occur, the child's sibling that molests his brother or sister, was likely victimized by a male parent, male relative, or male family "friend".

Sexual molestations among siblings occurs at a much lower rate than sexual molesations by male parents, male stepparents, or live in male lovers of the child's mother.

I just don't get it. I shared a room with my brother. My ex sisters in law (twin girls) shared a bed until they were 18. I've shared tents with males in my time in the Army. We had a co-ed bathroom trailer at one point. No issues.

I just don't get it. I shared a room with my brother. My ex sisters in law (twin girls) shared a bed until they were 18. I've shared tents with males in my time in the Army. We had a co-ed bathroom trailer at one point. No issues.

Same here, but I always am vigilant and everyone is a suspect.

Better safe than sorry.

There is NOTHING unlawful about siblings sharing a bedroom. This question usually comes up because one of the parents wants to find a way to hurt other. This is harmful to the children. You are best seeking advice on parenting in a non legal sense.

Back