Sibling visitation

Danielleyehling

What status can I use in family court to obtain sibling visitation for my children because the judge made an order of the fathers descression unfortunately he isn't allowing the children to even talk over the phone he states that my oldest is to immature. They grew up together then got separated 3 yrs ago and haven't talked since, its destroying my 14 yr old.

What status can I use in family court to obtain sibling visitation for my children because the judge made an order of the fathers descression unfortunately he isn't allowing the children to even talk over the phone he states that my oldest is to immature. They grew up together then got separated 3 yrs ago and haven't talked since, its destroying my 14 yr old.

Family court addresses parental visitation.
Mothers and fathers can seek court authorized visitation, not siblings.
Why?
Children have few, if any rights, in the sense that adults do.
Other than in juvenile court, courts consider minors to be legal incompetents.
If you are a parent, you could pursue visitation rights with any issue or adopted children.
As far any step-parent relationship with step-children, LEGALLY, that expired when the marriage was dissolved.

It isn't clear who you are and why you have one child while the father has the sibling. It is unclear why neither of you has any claim to visit with the other child if you are indeed the parent of said child. If these are former step siblings, you can not compel a continued relationship between the children. If the father does not want his child involved with yours, that is his right as a parent.

Back