1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

    Dismiss Notice

Should I?

Discussion in 'DUI, DWI, BUI, Drunk Driving' started by A S L, Sep 29, 2016.

  1. A S L

    A S L Law Topic Starter New Member

    Likes Received:
    Trophy Points:
    My sons mother drinks all day/night.
    She wakes up in the middle of the night and drinks wine. She is on all types of meds. She drinks wine on her lunch break. She drinks and drives. She picks up and takes my son to day care.
    She puts the wine in a gatorade bottle and drives around to and from work.
    She is always starting argument At home. I want to be in my sons life more than anything. If I brake up with her she will get my son. As I can not prove she has this alcohol problem.

    Should I call the police on her and tell them she is driving with an open container in hopes this will give her some type a reality check?
    I don't know what else to do?
  2. CdwJava

    CdwJava Moderator

    Likes Received:
    Trophy Points:

    If she leaves where you are and she is impaired or you KNOW she has an open container of alcohol in the car, sure, you can call the police. This will not be a huge priority for them, so don't expect them to zip over and catch her. They may get lucky, they may not.

    Oh, and if you make this call anonymously, there will be even less of a chance that they will respond.

    You might want to consider consulting an attorney regarding paternity and custody if you truly fear for your child's safety.

Share This Page