should i pay

Status
Not open for further replies.

sk4696

my central air was acting up and i knew i was going to need a new one . i called a place and asked them to send someone out to tell me how much it would cost for a new one. they said they thought they were doing me a favor by repairing it. i signed nothing for these repairs i was not even home at the time. they keep sending me bills with interest on them. by the way a week later the unit blew its last breath. spent 1800 for a new one ,not the same company. do i have to pay these people?

Originally posted by sk4696:
my central air was acting up and i knew i was going to need a new one . i called a place and asked them to send someone out to tell me how much it would cost for a new one. they said they thought they were doing me a favor by repairing it. i signed nothing for these repairs i was not even home at the time. they keep sending me bills with interest on them. by the way a week later the unit blew its last breath. spent 1800 for a new one ,not the same company. do i have to pay these people?
If you allowed these people into your home to do repairs then you obviously agreed to have them do the work. Whether or not their work was faulty or their evaluation was negligent is another question. You may want to negotiate with them on the bill since you had to spend money on a new unit even immediately after their supposed "evaluation" and "work." You should dispute the bills in writing, certified return receipt, and include a statement that after their work the entire unit needed replacing and state reasons why their repair work was of no value.

Note, if the unit blew not related to their evaluation or work, you might be stuck with the bill as one thing has nothing to do with the other and, absent negligence, they would seem to be entitled to their fair day's pay that was agreed upon...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back