Should I get paid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dilbert21

I was called to meet with management twice, the first time was to be informed of the charges that were being brought against me (negligence); the second time I was called for a meeting with management they reprimanded me. I was called on my time off and told I had to meet with them, should they have to pay me?:confused:

Do you still have a job? Seems to me if they did not fire you, and you bring this up, this might be a reason for them to terminate you. Whether or not it is legal that they did not pay you I do not know, but if you continue to rock the boat, you might find yourself out of a job.

Yes I still have a job. I work under a union contract that states anytime you are called on your time off to company facilities you automatically receive 3 hours OT(whether or not you work the full 3 hours). It is too late to stop rocking the boat, because this all stems from an incident in which I filed an internal complaint over a company building that had serious mold growth. I started the whole process in a diplomatic manner by asking mgt to take a look at the building (3 times I asked) but nothing happened. Then I spoke to OSHA for an opininon (but did not report them) and finally after 8 months of headaches the (portable) building was replaced. Recently I received a poor performance evalution (prior year I received the highest score on a scale of 1 to 5) and the reprimand was a 2 day suspension for not following a policy that does not exist. I have also been told by my supervisor that it is simple to fire some one when they become a so called "problem".:cool:

Dilbert_21 said:
Yes I still have a job. I work under a union contract that states anytime you are called on your time off to company facilities you automatically receive 3 hours OT(whether or not you work the full 3 hours). It is too late to stop rocking the boat, because this all stems from an incident in which I filed an internal complaint over a company building that had serious mold growth. I started the whole process in a diplomatic manner by asking mgt to take a look at the building (3 times I asked) but nothing happened. Then I spoke to OSHA for an opininon (but did not report them) and finally after 8 months of headaches the (portable) building was replaced. Recently I received a poor performance evalution (prior year I received the highest score on a scale of 1 to 5) and the reprimand was a 2 day suspension for not following a policy that does not exist. I have also been told by my supervisor that it is simple to fire some one when they become a so called "problem".:cool
Oh, btw thanks for the reply.

Yes I still have a job. I work under a union contract that states anytime you are called on your time off to company facilities you automatically receive 3 hours OT(whether or not you work the full 3 hours). It is too late to stop rocking the boat, because this all stems from an incident in which I filed an internal complaint over a company building that had serious mold growth. I started the whole process in a diplomatic manner by asking mgt to take a look at the building (3 times I asked) but nothing happened. Then I spoke to OSHA for an opininon (but did not report them) and finally after 8 months of headaches the (portable) building was replaced. Recently I received a poor performance evalution (prior year I received the highest score on a scale of 1 to 5) and the reprimand was a 2 day suspension for not following a policy that does not exist. I have also been told by my supervisor that it is simple to fire some one when they become a so called "problem".:cool:
Oh, btw thanks for the reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back