Shoplifting

Sara jay

Jurisdiction
North Carolina
This is my first time being in trouble with the law I got caught shoplifting at The Exhange on a military base in for bragg. She took my to the office and read my Miranda rights I told them I was guilty because they got me on camera so I obviously didn't want to lie. She then took my dna and I was released with a violation notice paper that doesn't have a court date or anything on it. But I just received my civil recovery papers in the mail saying I have to pay the PX $200. Do you think I'll still have to go to court since this is my first time being in trouble with the law?

If I do have to go to court will I have any other fees I will end up getting I need to know so I can come up with all this money!

You've been accused of a crime which could result in a criminal record.

Consult an attorney before you do anything. Say nothing to anybody about this except to your attorney.

If I do have to go to court will I have any other fees I will end up getting I need to know so I can come up with all this money!

If more money is demanded, the court will inform you.

You'll then be able to make payment arrangements with the federal magistrate.

If you're a dependent, your sponsor will be notified.

You might eventually lose your PX privileges, and you could even be banned from the base for a period of months, or permanently.

You have already said far too much.

I suggest you seek a consultation with a lawyer to help you understand what MIGHT happen in the months ahead.

I am a Retail theft consultant and answer questions like yours daily. No one can for certain if you will get court date or not but I would guess yes based on your post.

Back