Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft Shoplifting

Madison850

Jurisdiction
Florida
I was going through self check out i had bathing suits tops and bottoms an flip flops that didnt have barcode and I had to go get a pair with a bar cade to scan in a rush though I scand all my items but the bottoms the stoped me before I even went thru the beeperd for stealing i swar to god i wasnt stealing or mean to is there any adives i could use im on bond an i gota go back the 18 th plz help me

In any future posts, please make an effort to use something that resembles proper capitalization and punctuation. Doing so will make it easier for others to read and understand what you write.

is there any adives i could use im on bond an i gota go back the 18 th plz help

"[G]ota [sic] go back" where?

I'm honestly not sure what you expect anyone here to tell you. Have you actually had criminal charges filed against you? If so, then the smart thing to do would be to retain the services of a criminal defense attorney.

There are those who believe that "accidental shoplifting" is a myth. It's not. I just did it myself a couple of days ago. Sam's Club uses a hand held scanner at the self check-out registers so all you do is point it at the stuff in your cart and pay the bill. I always count my items against the quantity on the receipt and they matched. I get to the door, hand my receipt to the checker, he counts 7 items in the cart and 6 on the receipt. I recount and come up with 6. Then he points under a big bag of oranges that had hidden a small package of cheese from my view. Oops. I retrieved my receipt, went back to the self check-out, paid for the cheese and all was good. Whew.

And that wasn't the first time that happened to me. A couple of years ago it happened with a greeting card and I didn't notice it until I was loading my trunk. I went right back in to the self check-out and paid for it.

I can understand store security people not believing in "accidental shoplifting" and, under other circumstances, I could easily have been in the same soup that other posters have been in.

Just saying that I've become a little more tolerant about the "accidental shoplifting" stories and maybe, just maybe, store security should also be a little more tolerant depending on the circumstances and allow people to go pay for the item and leave without issue.

There are those who believe that "accidental shoplifting" is a myth. It's not. I just did it myself a couple of days ago. Sam's Club uses a hand held scanner at the self check-out registers so all you do is point it at the stuff in your cart and pay the bill. I always count my items against the quantity on the receipt and they matched. I get to the door, hand my receipt to the checker, he counts 7 items in the cart and 6 on the receipt. I recount and come up with 6. Then he points under a big bag of oranges that had hidden a small package of cheese from my view. Oops. I retrieved my receipt, went back to the self check-out, paid for the cheese and all was good. Whew.

And that wasn't the first time that happened to me. A couple of years ago it happened with a greeting card and I didn't notice it until I was loading my trunk. I went right back in to the self check-out and paid for it.

I can understand store security people not believing in "accidental shoplifting" and, under other circumstances, I could easily have been in the same soup that other posters have been in.

Just saying that I've become a little more tolerant about the "accidental shoplifting" stories and maybe, just maybe, store security should also be a little more tolerant depending on the circumstances and allow people to go pay for the item and leave without issue.

I have to agree with you...not too long ago I was at the grocery store and as I was putting my cart in the cart return outside, I picked up my purse out of the child seat and noticed a container of blueberries under it. I checked my receipt to make sure that it hadn't been scanned, and then took the whole cart back into the store and went to the customer service desk and told/showed them what had happened. They scanned the berries, took my payment for them, and I went on my merry way. If they had decided to not believe my story of "accidental shoplifting", I might be on here asking what to do!

I am a Retail Theft Consultant and answer questions like yours daily. Until you tell us wha tyour facing (like criminal charges etc) we cant help you much. "Accidental Shoplifting" is a common issue here and other forums. If you need some light shed on this common excuse (sometimes true sometimes not) read this Accidental Shoplifting | Parent Nook

If what you say is true I suspect you have nothing to worry about. If a crime retort was taken it seems unlikely there will be much for a prosecutor to work with. This is the pettiest of petty crimes and nobody wants to spend any time on it. If you end up in court plead not guilty and obtain legal counsel. DO NOT try and explain yourself to anyone but your attorney. Chances are you will never have to.
The other thing you will likely get is one of those pesky civil demand letters wanting you to cough up a few hundred dollars as a penalty for your heinous act. If you receive one you might take it to a local attorney for some quick counseling on whethor not to pay what they demand.
It is a shakedown. Pay if you want, but know that it is not a fine, not a bill, not anything else you have any legal obligation to pay or acknowledge in any way. You don't owe anyone anything until a judge orders otherwise.
With some luck this will disappear without much trouble... Just don't miss any court appearances.

I was going through self check out i had bathing suits tops and bottoms an flip flops that didnt have barcode and I had to go get a pair with a bar cade to scan in a rush though I scand all my items but the bottoms the stoped me before I even went thru the beeperd for stealing i swar to god i wasnt stealing or mean to is there any adives i could use im on bond an i gota go back the 18 th plz help me

You need a lawyer.
If you have been required to post a bond, someone wants your hide.

Plead NOT guilty and BEG the judge to appoint a public defender to stop someone from skinning your hide.

Back