Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft Shoplifting

newmember101

Jurisdiction
United Kingdom
Hi, before everyone starts writing comments i feel deeply regretful for the actions i took when shoplifting. I honestly dont know why i did it, i saw things and wanted it so badly and ended up stealing it, so anyway this is what happened
I was caught shoplifting by the security team, they took me in a room and asked me to write down my name, dob etc i wrote it all down and they gave me an exclusion order of 2 years. I am not allowed to go in my town centre for 2 years!!!
They rang my father to pick me up and to explain what had happened but he wouldn't answer and they weren't prepared to wait.
One of the security men told me the police would be contact with me by either coming to my house however because it is Christmas next month they said the police would be busy so they may contact me threw a letter.
They did tell the police because they got a crime reference number however the police didn't show up or take me to the station etc
However the second security man told me that it wasn't the end of the world im not the first to get caught or the last and I dont need to worry as this isnt a police matter, he even said read the exclusion letter and light it up so ur parents don't see it.
I don't understand what's happening and why both security men told me two different things? Should i contact their office to find out or would that make things worse for me.

Thankyou- for taking the time out to read this.

They gave you a break.
If you want to, tell yoru parents.
If you don't, you may get lucky and no one will ever know, as long as you don't start stealing again.

WARNING, my response is based upon US laws.
This forum focuses on US laws.
We're just a bunch of dumb, North American, yokel, Yanks; which is why we don't know squat about UK laws, other than they're written in English.
Merry Christmas, mate, stay away from that place for two years, and you will avoid drama.

The hard nosed security guy was just playing tough cop.
The other guy was nicer, so he probably told you the truth.
Again, I'm a dumb, hick Yank, so I could be all wet.

They gave you a break.
If you want to, tell yoru parents.
If you don't, you may get lucky and no one will ever know, as long as you don't start stealing again.

WARNING, my response is based upon US laws.
This forum focuses on US laws.
We're just a bunch of dumb, North American, yokel, Yanks; which is why we don't know squat about UK laws, other than they're written in English.
Merry Christmas, mate, stay away from that place for two years, and you will avoid drama.

The hard nosed security guy was just playing tough cop.
The other guy was nicer, so he probably told you the truth.
Again, I'm a dumb, hick Yank, so I could be all wet.

Hmm, i think you're right, the nicer security man seemed like he was being truthful whilst the other one was shitting me up on purpose.
Thanks for the reply! Made me feel a little better.

Just don't take this matter lightly... Your still a thief that got caught. You should tell your parents what happen as well. I know i would be very mad if my children didn't tell me. What if they want to go shopping with you in the town centre. Stop stealing something that isn't yours.... I would bet this isn't the first time.

Just don't take this matter lightly... Your still a thief that got caught. You should tell your parents what happen as well. I know i would be very mad if my children didn't tell me. What if they want to go shopping with you in the town centre. Stop stealing something that isn't yours.... I would bet this isn't the first time.

I'm not taking it lightly, & yeah i know i got caught. Its fine i rather protect my parents&myself and not tell them.
Actually it was my first time! Thanks anyway.

As a parent... I will give you insight as to a parent thoughts. My kids better tell me if they did something this stupid. If i find out on my own.... oh crap would stuff hit the fan. If they approach me and say... Dad, I really got stupid the other day while in the town centre. for some stupid reason i choose to steal from ?... At that point i would be mad at them.... but respect the fact they told me. Then i would have a serious talk of why that was stupid. At that point i would go talk with the store and ask if it was possible my child could come in sweep the floors, clean, empty trash cans... something to punish them for their actions. But...... Remember young one, your barred for 2 years. So at some point your either going to take a chance to go in there because your parents want to shop together. Or... they will mail a letter out and your parents get it before you do. Honestly, the best policy is this. Don't lie to your mother/father because parents know sometimes our children get stupid. I hope you learned your lesson on this issue. I don't think so because your creating another issue by not telling them. Think about it as a parent..

As a parent... I will give you insight as to a parent thoughts. My kids better tell me if they did something this stupid. If i find out on my own.... oh crap would stuff hit the fan. If they approach me and say... Dad, I really got stupid the other day while in the town centre. for some stupid reason i choose to steal from ?... At that point i would be mad at them.... but respect the fact they told me. Then i would have a serious talk of why that was stupid. At that point i would go talk with the store and ask if it was possible my child could come in sweep the floors, clean, empty trash cans... something to punish them for their actions. But...... Remember young one, your barred for 2 years. So at some point your either going to take a chance to go in there because your parents want to shop together. Or... they will mail a letter out and your parents get it before you do. Honestly, the best policy is this. Don't lie to your mother/father because parents know sometimes our children get stupid. I hope you learned your lesson on this issue. I don't think so because your creating another issue by not telling them. Think about it as a parent..

Okay, bye

Back