Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft Shoplifting Petty Theft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rajathi_Victor

Hi
I have a quick question, after how many years are we elgible to apply for citezenship, we got our GC two years back. Please anyinfo on this would be helpful. We have no interest to apply for citizenship, just like to know.

Last edited:
Posted this message in the wrong thread,

Hi
I posted this message in the wrong thread I guess, how do I change it, because it shows as shoplifting, I want my posting to be in the right place,

It depends on how you got the green card and how long you have actually been in the country and some other facts.

Basically you are eligible to apply for naturalization after being a legal permanent resident )having a green card) for five years.

Should you have become a LPR by marrying an American citizen you may be eligible already after 3 years.

Also you must not have been outside of the U.S. too long in those years, otherwise they don't count. They begin to count the moment you actually became a legal permanent resident (more or less the day you actually received the green card), not the moment you applied for the green card or the moment the status was approved.

More information here: http://uscis.gov/graphics/services/natz/index.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back