she wants it all

Status
Not open for further replies.

itsnotthere

my girlfriend and I are not together anymore. Is she entitled to take anything, (TV's, washer/dryer etc.), that is under my name? She did go half and half on those items even though she willingly paid for half and there was no promise or contract, written or verbal, for me to pay her back for it. I only ask because she plans on taking EVERYTHING and threatening to sell certain items. We did decide to do the right thing and split everything evenly. I've been very supportive and I also have been helping her out. However, she now wants to take more than is owed to her and this doesn't sit very well with me.

Sounds fair. Here's another question. Sounds like a no brainer but I just want to make sure. I gave her an Old Navy card with her name on it but the account is under my name. I made her an authorized user. She ran up a $600 bill recently and says she's not going to pay it. If I take her to small claims court, what are the chances that they're going to make her pay the full amount?

Well I took her off of the account and got a new card and account number. I just wanted to make sure it would go the way I thought

I have another question. Even though she did pay half for certain things, does it make a difference if she wrote checks to Me and paid ME in increments and in return, I paid the bill which was under my name? Meaning she didn't directly pay for those items at the place and time of purchase and NOT all at once. I'm not trying to be unfair, however, she wants to take everything and I'm trying to see what other options I have in case all else fails.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back