Shared Custody

Status
Not open for further replies.

kassy

First I want to say hello to everyone I wish I had known about this site a long time ago. I am 32 years old and the mother of 5 children. My question is if the court order that I have says "the mother and father shall have joint legal custody of our children", then in the next section it says "the mother and father shall have at this time joint physical custody of the children and upon acuisition of adequate housing shall have shared physical custody of the children". My question is if my 13 year old daughter is afraid to go back to her dads (she is at my house every weekend with her older sister age 15 who already lives with me) do I have to take her back? She says that her dad and her were in a physical fight and that a social worker came to school and talked to her. My problem is it is sunday so I can not call this lady and when I talked to another social worker she told me the my childrens father was made to sign a paper saying he would use no physical disipline. I am trying to do what is best for my daughter and I feel that if she is scared of her dad she should not have to stay with him, am I wrong or with shared custody dont I have just as much right to keep her here with me where she is safe?????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back