Sex Crimes, Sex Offenders Sexual Offender Status?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robyn0706

This is the information I have about my Father In Law (I got the information off of the FDLE website):

Designation: Sexual Offender

Adjudication Date: 09/14/1992

Crime Description: SEX BAT BY ADULT/VCTM UNDER 12; F.S. 794.011(2) (PRINCIPAL IN ATTEMPT)

Adjudication: Adjudication Withheld

My question is...what does it mean "Adjudication Withheld", and his status being "Released-Required to Register"?

Does it mean that he can be around children? He just has to be be registered on the FDLE site?

Thanks for any info!

The following should answer your questions. I recommend that you visit the site. It will explain the registration requirements which are more involved than simply being listed on the website.

As far as allowing him to be near children, although it's permitted, I wouldn't leave him alone with MY children.

http://offender.fdle.state.fl.us/offender/FAQ.jsp

44. Can a registered sex offender live with a child/minor?
In terms of current sexual offender/predator registration law for an offenders/predator with a released status (meaning he/she is no longer serving any form of sanction for the offense), there is nothing in Florida Registration Statute that would prohibit the individual from residing with a child or minor based solely on the offender or predator's requirement to register.

However, if an offender/predator is currently still serving some form of supervision under the Department of Corrections for the qualifying sex offense, the offender or predator's Conditions of Probation set fourth by the judge in accordance with Florida statute, will specify any guidelines/restrictions. This information is housed by the Florida Department of Corrections (DC). You can contact the DC probation officer to obtain this information if the subject is on some form of supervision. To obtain the name and phone number for the probation officer go to the DC website Contact page located at http://www.dc.state.fl.us/orginfo/contact.html or contact our unit on our toll-free line at 1-888-357-7332 to obtain contact information for the probation officer.

It would be unwise to leave ANY convicted sexual offender around ANY children, small furry mammals, reptiles, amphibians, road kill, or anything unable to defend itself from the lecherous, uninvited advances of a sexual pervert!

To the best of my knowledge, it means that he was not actually declared guilty, but he was not declared innocent either. Adjudication may have been withheld for a number of reasons, I believe, but the requirement for registration speaks to his guilt as far as the State of Florida is concerned.

Did you also use his Dept of Corrections number to search him on the DOC site? There may be more information there.

**You can also use the links on the DOC page for your FIL's info to search the court records of the county where he was tried. The county and the court case number should be listed near the bottom of the page.

Last edited:
That's not true. Not all sex offenders prey on young children or animals..ect. Some people just get into a situation where a young girl who looks and acts much older. In fact, the recidivism rate of sex offenders are very very low. It takes one real sicko to make a lot of people look real bad.

Someone must have have walked down that road a time or two!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back