Giving Notice Sexual harassment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shanmp05

I've been living in my apartment complex for 3 years with my boyfriend. My problem has always been consistent but it's been getting worse. The maintenance men are constantly hollering at me when I walk out the door. It has come to the point where I don't go around front to enter my place... But I sneak around back to avoid these men. My boyfriend on multiple occasions has had to come outside to my parking spot to walk me back in at night. I'm only a few months in since my lease renewed. I don't know if I can stick it out another 8/9 months. Do I have legal rights to leave my apartment mid lease? I don't even care about my security deposit at this point... I need out!

Have you discussed this with your landlord? What did the landlord say? Surely the maintenance guys are not standing outside your door 24/7, but have told the guys you do not appreciate the comments? What was their response?

I've been living in my apartment complex for 3 years with my boyfriend. My problem has always been consistent but it's been getting worse. The maintenance men are constantly hollering at me when I walk out the door. It has come to the point where I don't go around front to enter my place... But I sneak around back to avoid these men. My boyfriend on multiple occasions has had to come outside to my parking spot to walk me back in at night. I'm only a few months in since my lease renewed. I don't know if I can stick it out another 8/9 months. Do I have legal rights to leave my apartment mid lease? I don't even care about my security deposit at this point... I need out!

If you ignore them, they'll ignore you.

Agree; if you ignore them, most likely they will get bored & stop/ignore you.

Agree. Since it seems to have been going on for some time & she wants to move, she should have moved 4 mos. ago instead of renewing lease for another year. Hopefully, they will get bored & stop.

Agree. Since it seems to have been going on for some time & she wants to move, she should have moved 4 mos. ago instead of renewing lease for another year. Hopefully, they will get bored & stop.

Could it be this is only occurring in the mind's eye?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back